MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Variety of the swing, which one is correct?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Variety of the swing, which one is correct?
Meir Schneider teaches the swing by placing your pointer finger(or however you want to call it)out 10 inches away from your face (in the middle) and looking at it as you swing your body from left to right.While you doing this you would notice everything moves opposite to the way your moving.I got a question. Isn't looking at your finger and trying to notice the background moving opposite to movement bad because your looking at your finger and the background at the same time.I tried it without the finger but with the finger it seems like everything moves better and more distinct then without the finger(try it) .And then he goes on with the horizontal way, this time you bend up and down while noticing the opposite movements of up and down.Should I stick with this exercise or should I do it without the finger? i was thinking this was kind of like eccentric fixation cause you looking at your finger and noticing the background too.
I have also wondered about this!

I don't have an answer unfortunately, but I what I do that makes it seem ok to me is the following:

I make sure that I see the tip of my finger better than the objects swinging in the distance. In fact, I feel a relaxation just from 'letting' the blur go by. Perhaps that's the point? Anyone else on this?
I find swinging with the finger allows me to see the swing of the world far better than I can without the finger.

I can't say which one produces better results though.

Try then both and go with what works best for you.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now