MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Just a stupid question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a stupid question.
If I'm relaxed and I feel my eyes aren't straining (despite the still blurry vision), does that mean I'm using my eyes right? I know I'm straining when my eye muscles seem hard and I'm not shifting as often as I need to. I guess it's a silly question but I just need to be sure. ;D

I also want to share something about blinking. I've read articles about blinking and the proper way to do it. For the past few weeks I've been doing it all wrong; I was forcing my eyes to blink. Almost every time I shift I blink, so as you can imagine, that's a LOT of blinking, and it can tire the eyes in minutes. My conclusion: Don't even think about blinking. Concentrate on shifting instead, and blinking will come naturally. ;D

With regards to shifting, the 'color day' technique is a keeper. (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.seeing.org/intro/techniqs/colours.htm">http://www.seeing.org/intro/techniqs/colours.htm</a><!-- m -->)
I've been using another variation of that technique though, and I find it quite helpful. I use it mostly when I'm inside a moving vehicle. Here's what I do: I don't choose a color at the start of the day. If I see something green, I immediately say in my mind the color. Then I shift and see another color, and again I say that color in my mind. I do it continually the whole time I'm inside the vehicle. I try to do it as fast as I can (without straining my eyes and mind, of course), and by fast I mean mentally saying the color as soon as I see it, but that's not always possible. Since I'm doing it fast, I often see the next color before I even begin to mentally say the previous one, and that results in 'remembering' the previous color so I can mentally say it; in other words, the saying part is often one step behind the shifting. I'm not sure why this works for me, but I figure it's because I'm too busy 'remembering' colors to even notice the blurry vision, which results in relaxation. :Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now