MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
A quick question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick question.
Hello, I have a quick question regarding the Bates method. Is the method permanant? What I mean is, if I perform the exercises long enough will my eyes learn to relax themselves or will I have to exercise them each day to have good vision. Also if it is permanant about how long will it take to get my vision up to standard. Thanks in advance.
EDIT: I also thought I'd add that I am 14 years old, will be 15 in a few days though. I have worn glasses only when I needed to see some details far away an watching TV,etc. I decided to add this because reading the Bates book all these factors come into account.
Hi Nicolas,

Improvement is pretty much permanent once you've improved your vision all the way to normal and are able to keep it there. It's usually not permanent at first when you have flashes or longer periods of clear vision, but after relieving strain and continued practice of using the eyes without abuse, the new way of seeing is as much a part of you as the way you walk.

The time frame varies widely. Some people go for years without even having a clear flash, while others have them immediately and notice a big enough improvement in their vision soon enough that they are inspired to continue with it. It all depends on how quickly you're able to learn and continually apply a new way of doing something, how quickly you hit upon an exercise that has a big impact on you, how often you revert back to straining to see, how long and deeply ingrained your old way of seeing is, how optimistic you remain, how good your general health is, how mentally open to change you are... these things and surely others all have an effect on how long it's going to take you.

It's a subtle process, and many people never quite get it, getting stuck on preconceived ideas or over-intellectualizing it. You might check out the "Find a Bates Teacher" section of this forum. It's also quite possible to teach yourself, and in that case a support group such as this one is invaluable.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thank you, I will do my best to keep at ot then. Hopefully all will go well. Wink

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now