MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Myopia at 26, had vision clearence before eye excercises

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myopia at 26, had vision clearence before eye excercises
I've developed nearsightedness at 25 / 26 years of age, i've also had good vision until now, apart from lazy eye, which i can only make happen if intentionaly do it, but thats never affected my vision.

It all started when in summer 2006 i was involved in a car crash, well i've recovered but my eyesight has degraded and now i have nearsightedness -2.00 in left eye and 2.25 in right eye, i think it's been caused by stress, in my case extreme stress, because my sight was ok until that happend.

I've got glasses which i got the othernight, i did wear them for 30mins, in which time i got terrible headache and pain in my eyes, so i havent worn them, and i found this website lastnight and as a result have read dr bates book.

I'm now doing the eye exercise, rolling eyes, moving eyes to left, right, up, down, roll clockwise, roll anticlockwise, doing center of a clock to outwards so i start in the middle and move my eyes to 12 then back to center then to 1 etc going clockwise and i'll do it anticlockwise, i've also been doing swinging 90 degrees left to right and right to left etc and when i go to bed palming and i dont need to cover my eyes as once my eye lids are closed i see nothing because my room in quite dark.

I have seen bright red and multi coloured flashes and pattens when i close my eyes when i've gone to bed.

But today i woke up and my eyes have felt better, after doing a few eye exercises lastnight, and i've stopped squinting well i'm not squinting so if i can't, i'm just trying to keep my stress to zero and i'm trying to keep my eyes relaxed and i'm just looking at things and trying not to focus and strain on them, if i can't see it i wont try to see it.

This way i'm stopping squinting, and keeping my eyes relaxed, also i'm starting to see proper black when i close my eyes, which is a good indication that my eye strain and tention is starting to go.

I hope my sight will recover if i continue to do theses exercises, and relax techniques.

When i went out my eyes felt really good despite distant objects being blur, i'm pretty sure it WILL recover, i'm sure dr bates is correct because when i woke up one morning before doing theses exercises i could see some writing on my norton box clear for about 40mins and i started to squint and it wasnt any clearer and then it went blur after i'd been wake for 35 to 40 mins, this did happen on quite a few mornings this PROVES that vision DOES CHANGE, and i'd have thought that if that wasnt my norton box but a snellen chart, then i'd go from having say 20/20 to 20/40 or something like that within 30 or 40 mins of me waking up and by the time i have got ready go out my vision had deteriated.

I'm not sure how much my vision had changed within 40 mins but i'd have thought alot, when this happened i did think it may have been some eye infection which makes your vision blur, but obviously not.

Thats my story so far, i was 50/50% skeptical of bates method, but once i tried the glasses and read his book what he says was somewhat true the glasses were straining my eyes you can't just put glasses infront of eyes which are 26 years old and have never seen through them before (except normal sunglasses).

With it being 2008 and modern medical knowledge is at it's best, you do want to believe the opthalmologist when they say eyes are fixed and vision doesnt get better, but i've proven to myself that it does, probably a meters worth or more when standing away from my norton box.

At the end of the day i've only got my vision to gain by doing the bates eye exercises, i'm pretty sure my eyes wouldn't feel better if it wasnt working not only that but i'm starting to get a nice rich black colour when i close my eyes, i'd have thought thats a good sign, also with my sight picking up as it's done in some mornings, then i can only think that my sight would return to normal permanently if i'm doing eye exercises.

It's rather like saying if your fit and strong now how will you be if your eating a proper diet and training at the gym? obviously better.

If there is anyone else out there trying to get their vision better by doing bates method type of eye excercises and trying to keep eyes relaxed etc then good luck i wish you all the best, i really hope the bates method not only works for me but also for anyone.

Sight is amasing and we all take seeing for granted it's only when we get problems it hits home how lucky it is to be able to see!

I wish you all the best, lets show how wrong modern science is and how wonderful dr bates was to discover sight improvement.

I'll keep you posted if i have any more vision clearence or if i get cured 100%.

Wishing you all the best james......

May the spirit of dr bates help us to see normal once again.............

------------------------------------------------
PS THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED IN THE BATES METHOD FORUM, IF SOMEONE COUld MOVE THIS TOPIC TO THEIR I'D BE GREATFULL.
thanks james
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Friend,

Some suggestions:

1. There is a grave tendency to over-prescribe -- by these ODs and MDs who do not understand
(as Bates did) that the eye is dynamic and responds to proper care.

2. By over-prescribe, I mean that you check your Snellen and verify it PASSES the DMV
requirement (read 3/4 inch letters at 20 feet), but some bone-head prescribes -2 diopter
glasses.

3. I think that is why you get headaches -- excessive minus lens glasses. There
is no point in arguing with your OD/MD about this. He is convinced HE is right,
and therefore you (and Bates) MUST BE WRONG. ???

I have posed an easy-to-use Snellen here, and I would suggest verifying your
eyes (both eyes open) at 20 feet -- and report what you personally verify.

If 20/50, and you work with Bates, you could well clear your Snellen back
to normal. When this happens, go down to the DMV pass THERE test,
and forget about your -2 diopter lenses.

This puts all the responsibility on you to monitor your Snellen -- and
clear it as Bates said was reasonable and possible.

Good luck,

Otis

Quote:It all started when in summer 2006 i was involved in a car crash, well i've recovered but my eyesight has degraded and now i have nearsightedness -2.00 in left eye and 2.25 in right eye, i think it's been caused by stress, in my case extreme stress, because my sight was ok until that happend.
Also, since you will personally check your Snellen -- it is good
to know the exact line you MUST pass.
Here are the exact requirements:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm">http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm</a><!-- m -->

Bates said avoid those minus glasses. In order to do that
you must pass the above REASONABLE requirement. Smile
otis Wrote:Also, since you will personally check your Snellen -- it is good
to know the exact line you MUST pass.
Here are the exact requirements:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm">http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm</a><!-- m -->

Bates said avoid those minus glasses. In order to do that
you must pass the above REASONABLE requirement. Smile

I would argue against that viewpoint. There are many resources available for people who choose not to drive such as public transportation.
Dear Friend,

Subject: Taking PERSONAL responsibility to confirm
your visual acuity.

I think Bates was about self-empowerment. Smile

To find out how much you are over-prescribed it is necessary
to read your Snellen.

To work on Snellen clearing is it neceeary to know the
REASONABLE level of visual acuity.

If you have a challenge or "goal" (as Bates people should have),
then you need to know this.

If you have no interest in knowing your visual acuity, the
there is no point in doing Bates -- in my
humble opinion.

Your OD has no interest in this -- all the more
reason why YOU should have the interest. Smile

Best,

Otis
I've had abit of a good / bad day, my vision was good and then it seemed to really blur up tonight, i think some days seem worse than others, it did depress me alittle and i started to think the bates isnt working but i've done the excercises 3 times and this is the 4th night which i'll be doing them.

My eyes have started to ache when i roll them around, i'm not sure if they aching because i'm overworking them or because they are understrain and this is showing up because i'm using the muscles.

But i had a good day yesterday so i soppose this is just a bad day, but i do have faith in the bates method and will stick at it!

I think the bates method is the CURE for most sight problems, i think the reason why many optical experts put the bates method down is so that you can either keep buying expensive glasses which is a multi billion $ industry, or seek laser treatment which in most cases doesnt last.

I think the good old dr bates is correct when he says treating the symptom isnt treating the cause, this is why after having glasses or laser, the eyes overtime will end up back to their condition ie myopia etc, but not only this but also with added conditions brought on by the laser treatment!
"I'm now doing the eye exercise, rolling eyes, moving eyes to left, right, up, down, roll clockwise, roll anticlockwise, doing center of a clock to outwards so i start in the middle and move my eyes to 12 then back to center then to 1 etc going clockwise and i'll do it anticlockwise"

Those are not from the Bates Method, maybe they'll help you, but no promises. I would stick to Bates method techniques.

As for the glasses and lasik, I 100% agree. There is a huge industry behind this that would be gone in the blink of an eye if Bates got out. Unfortunately, they've done a great job of entrenching Helmholtz and have little to worry about from sporadic non believers such as ourselves.

As for your worries about the Bates Method not working, I want you to make a promise to yourself. I need you to promise that regardless of what happens you WILL follow through with Bates for at least one month. Progress with Bates is measured in weeks and months, not days. It is unreasonable to be critical after such a short period of time, we're in this for the long haul.
laserpower, check your private messages inbox.
I'm pretty sure eye exercises long swing, rolling eyes etc aswell as general relaxation is doing something, because i was out earlier and car number plates from a good distance use to appear completely blur where as i could start to see little black numbers some were clear enough to just about to make out and some werent.

But i'm pretty damn sure my eyes are improving i'm going to print off a snellen chart so i can keep a track on if my eyes are improving.........

After having a kind of a bad day yesterday this has made me happy.....
Dear Lazer Power,

It is true that Snellen-clearing is slow and frustrating. ???

But it is also true that when you clear the 20/40 line (read
1/2 the letters correctly) you will have a profound
sense of success. And no one can take
that away from you. Smile

Your OD does not care. Only you do. Smile

So look for the "clear-flash" (20/40 line clears), and
accept the variation when your Snellen goes
back to 20/70 or so.

Over the months the fact that your 20/40 "flash" lasts
longer and longer will encourage you to continue.

Keep up the excellent work.

We will give you all the encouragement we can. Smile

Otis
Hi,

This is my story, I am now 39 years old and short sighted, about -1.75 in each eye.
I've been short sighted since I was about 12. It so happened that my father had purchased book by Professor Bates called "Better Eyesight without Glasses", I used to practice the methods relayed in the book, but not too regimented, what with only being 12 and all I had stuff to get on with Smile

I recall at the time testing my eyesight against my mates to see if I had improved, and to a degree I seem to remember having some success.
I've always resented having bad eyes, feeling that I had been robbed at to early an age.

Now I’m older I really really want to get rid of these glasses I hate so much, and with that in mind I've started to pick up again on these exercises, this is day 3 so far and like the chap in the previous post I have come to realise that after doing some sessions I am left with an awareness of tension around my eyes, and across my forehead.

Is it the fact that this tension was always there and I have just been made aware of it, or is it the case that I have done something wrong and caused more tension?

I also did the round the clock eye exercise, does anyone have an opinion on this one?
Another problem for me at the moment is I travel on public transport a lot in central London, and I am always having to look at the tube and rail maps, at the moment it's just such a blur I'm wondering how long I will be able to keep going until I am forced to put my glasses back on even for a second, just to see what the hell I'm doing.

Although I did this before many years ago I still feel a little lost, and wondering if I am doing stuff right, even the easy to master palming does not seem to relax my eyes!! at least the tension seems to remain.

Any guidance would be appreciated, oh and what a great find this forum is Smile

Mike Rolfe
Dear Mike,

Subject: Testing your own vision.

Since you asked for suggestions -- here is one:

Check your OWN Snellen. Just click here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

and then press "display" and read at 20 feet.

At -1.75 diotpers, you are probably 20/70 or so.

If you are going to work on Snellen-clearing -- then establish
a reasonable starting point.

Also, I hear you don't use the minus. That is good, but when
necessary, use the minus.

If you are successful with your Snellen clearing work, and get
to 20/40 -- you will find you truly don't need that minus.

Also, there are other methods and concepts other than Bates -- with all due respect for Bates.

Otis
Wow

I just checked with the chart you pointed me to, and to be honest I can't really see much less than 20/200
I know my presciption glasses are for -1.75, and I can see very clearly with them, but now I am confused because this result doesn't seem to tally.

I have to say that it's late now and the light in the room is dull, so that's not going to help either.
At 20 Feet almost anything is blurred anyway. it's only the sheer size that enables me to read it in the end, it doesn't ever get to the point where it's not blurred any more.

This is the thing which I struggle with reading about the excercises, some say after palming look at something you can see clearly, well in my case at the moment at least, unless it's 2 foot away, then I can't.

I know my glasses aren't strong at all, but accoring to that chart, they are really bad???

Mike
Dear Mike,

One think I concern myself with is over-prescription.

If your naked-eye vision is 20/200, then a -1.75 diopters
in not over-prescribed.

In fact, I would suspect that you could not see 20/40 through
your -1.75 diopter lenses. ???

I would check this at this point. Smile

The average OD wants to help you -- no doubt.

When your vision is as your describe it -- he truely has no choice.

Otis
Hi,

I would say that I can see very close to 20/20 with my glasses on though, I've been to several different opticians, and they have prescribed the same lenses.

I will try again this morning and see if it's any better, should I be able to see the letter clearly, or just make it out?
I notice that thing are much much clearer in strong light.

Just to add to this, my near sight is quite the opposite, it's not just good, it's really really good. I can see very small print clearly at very close range, I have noticed that people even with normal vision cannot see close up the same as I can.

I spent 17 years in the printing industy, so this came in very handy, and makes me no stranger to looking at letters Smile

Mike

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download