MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
my recently discovered myopia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my recently discovered myopia
hello
i'm Ana, i'm 21 and recently started wearing glasses . i have myopia -2.50 plus 0.50 astig in my right eye and 0.00 plus 1.25 on my left eye, i notice almost no difference when i'm with glasses on or off, so i only wear them to work on computer on cinema.

can bates work for me?should i continue to wear glasses?will my vision get worse if i don't?

kisss to everyone Smile
Hi Ana,

Welcome! Many people with much more long-standing myopia have been helped by the Bates method.

If you don't strain your eyes while not wearing your glasses, your vision should not get worse without your glasses. Strain is sometimes evidenced by frequently tired, sore, hot, or dry eyes. People with higher prescriptions tend not to feel those sensations anymore, but it sounds like your vision is good enough, especially in your left eye, that you should be able to tell.

The first thing I recommend anyone do is read Bates's book:

www.iblindness.org/books/bates

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thank you for answering me...but i wanted to know if it is bad for me nto wearing glasses...i'm already doing some exercises to improve my right eye's vision, but as i always use the two of them to see - except when i'm doing my make-up Smile - i think i'll only use them when i'm working on pc (i work on editing films).

what do you think?

thanx
Hello Ana,
  The right lense that has been prescribed for you is fairly strong for a first prescription, and you have a fair amount of astigmatism in the left. Since you said that there seems to be little difference with or without glasses, I would strongly urge you not to wear them. It would be especially important to not wear them for near work such as reading, or computer. At your age I  could see you needing stronger glasses every six months to a year if you use them for near work. By the way what was the reason you went for an exam, that resulted in this prescription? Hope this info helps.
hello!!!
i went for an exam to eliminate cases like high eye pressure and stuff...things that you need to take care of!!! and because i noticed, ahenever i was using only the right eye (make up or smth) that things weren't as clear as with both my eyes open.

anyway, i'm already doing exercises by Bates' method and i forget that i use glasses all the time!!!the only time i put them on was when i went to a movie, but i could fine and without any effort without them, so i immediatly took them off!!!

and, i already improved my vision with the exercises:

L.E. - from 20/30 to 20/25

R.E. - from 20/200 to 20/80

i'd call it a sucess Smile

thank you for worring about my case!!!

KISSSS
Sure this whole topic is 3 years old. It has encouraged me to keep going.

Very awesome improvement! 20/30 to 20/25 and 20/200 to 20/80!!!! thats awesome!

Ana if you are still out there what is your acuity now? After 3 years?

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download