MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Central fixation and being aware of peripheral vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central fixation and being aware of peripheral vision
hello,

I am a bit confused by central fixation at the moment.
There are some vision educators who say to be aware of the peripheral and use the peripheral vision. But isn't that diffusing and eccentric fixation?
Central fixation is to have the attention at the center and see best with the central eyesight.
If the statement about peripheral vision is right, then should you keep primary attention at the center and at the same time be aware of the peripheral vision? But the problem is that I find that difficult to do.
If I try to be aware of my peripheral vision it blocks out what I am directly looking at, and if I keep my attention at the center it blocks out my peripheral vision. I find it practicly impossible to do both at the same time.
Or maybe I am misunderstanding something. ???

can someone please clarify this ?
Its impossible to stop using your peripheral vision, an it also isn't natural. To go without the periphery would be like looking through a paper towel roll, you'd have to search around for everything you're looking for.

Rather the intent is that you focus on the center of the vision. If something attracts your attention in the periphery, a light, a movement, or something else, then direct your attention and your gaze towards it and don't force your gaze away from it if your mind is going to remain focused on it.

Thats my take on it.
Indeed, I find that being aware of the peripheral vision is somewhat relaxing. It can be a good starting point for deeper grades of relaxation.

Of course it is NOT eccentric fixation (although what you are doing so far IS eccentric fixation and that's why you are facing difficulties). In contrast, it is equivalent to a lower degree of CENTRAL fixation, because by being aware of the peripheral vision you continuously notice all objects not directly regarded as seen worse. If the object seen worse is farther in the periphery then central fixation is less, and if the object is closer to center then the central fixation is greater.

You should not try to see anything in the peripheral field. Just be aware that it's there. Notice that objects you are not directly regarding are seen worse. Also do not try to hold your eyes on something, and if there's something interesting in the periphery, let your eyes shift there freely.

A strained eye, in contrast, continuously attempts to forcedly limit the field of view thinking wrongly that it will allow it to see better. Just stop doing this and you will let go of one kind of many strains that you have.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download