MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What about Stereograms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about Stereograms?
Back in January, one of my teachers posted a calendar with some "Magic Eye" stereograms on them. for those who don't know what Magic Eye is, it consists of a 3d image hidden within a 2d image that you can see if you look beyond the 2d image. You can see some examples if you run a google search (or your other preferred search engine) on "Magic Eye" I was quite curious and then learned how to see the 3d image. The front of the calendar claimed it could have some beneficial effects to the eyes. I suppose this makes sense, because you are seeing something that you are not focusing on, so that could teach your eyes to not "try" to see. What do you all think?
js519 Wrote:Back in January, one of my teachers posted a calendar with some "Magic Eye" stereograms on them. for those who don't know what Magic Eye is, it consists of a 3d image hidden within a 2d image that you can see if you look beyond the 2d image. You can see some examples if you run a google search (or your other preferred search engine) on "Magic Eye" I was quite curious and then learned how to see the 3d image. The front of the calendar claimed it could have some beneficial effects to the eyes. I suppose this makes sense, because you are seeing something that you are not focusing on, so that could teach your eyes to not "try" to see. What do you all think?

I think that focusing is important too, but you're right, magic eye and optical illusions can be beneficial to your eyes in many ways.
I don't have much of an opinion on them myself, just that they can be of some benefit. They won't really teach you how to use your eyes right, because by nature they have you use your eyes in an abnormal way, but they sure do shake up the relationship between focusing and convergence, and that can't be a bad thing when done for short periods.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now