MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyes watering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyes watering
Do anyone else's eyes often water when they have a clear flash or are using one of the techniques? I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone before but it's quite pronounced for me. When I read my Snellen, I've sometimes had a big tear run right the way down my face, so it's not just a sensation. It feels like the kind of soreness you get if something stings your eyes and makes them water. Why might this happen?
Yes! That used to happen to me quite often in the beginning, tears and all. There was a particular store I used to shop at where I'd always get those teary flashes, and on more than one occasion I ran into someone I knew while looking like I was crying. I'm not sure what the cause was, but it seems to be a normal sign of progress that one might experience on this journey. Keep it up!
I experience the exact same thing. I've noticed that the better my clear flash is the more my eyes water.
I have no clue however why this happens. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?
Cool! Thanks both of you. I think it's probably a good sign. I'd like to know what causes it though. I also sometimes get teary eyed outside, on the train, and I'm sure I must look like I'm crying. I'm a bit better at taking my mind of the stinging sensation now but it does tend to get in the way, as I have to look to something closer to myself to make the discomfort stop without just forcing my eyes to strain again. It's like the opposite of the more common dry, itchy feeling I get behind my eyelids, and there's no pattern I've noticed to which feeling I'm going to get. They both make me want to blink a lot but no amount seems like enough.

I'm getting it right now because I'm using Swingbrowser (best invention of the 21st century that is). I'm starting to see worse again because of all the water in the way!
Hi,

I also have had moment where my eyes water and then I get a clear flash, but to be honest I don't really see this as a real clear flash because I believe that the fluid in the eye at the time is just functioning like a lense.

I say this because everytime I have experienced this, as soon as the fluid has dried up, or I've wiped my eye, the vision is back to normal.
However this could be wrong, it's just my experience so far. I have had the same sort of flashes with dry eyes though, and I think these types for flashes are worth more.

Mike
I also get this mild stinging (like soap in the eyes but milder) and watering. For people like me who find it hard to get clear flashes could this be turned to their advantage I wonder? In the last few days I have tried finding the stinging/ watering feeling when relaxing my eyes, or rather letting it find me. Then I'd know I was on the right track. Thanks for the tip, guys!

By the way I don't think the tears cause flashes. I have experimented by putting water in my eyes and noticed no difference - admittedly not saline solution but when I used that when I used to wear contacts I noticed no difference then either. In fact I could throw a bucketful in and still not notice any difference!
I experience this as well. I got it the most pronounced than ever before after meditating to these sounds:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.healthyworldstore.com/hear.php">http://www.healthyworldstore.com/hear.php</a><!-- m -->

I would totally suggest listening to them. They are so healing and they are causing me to have interesting spiritual experiences.

But anyway, back on topic again. I'm sure it's your body healing - which is definitely a good sign while practicing Bates! Wink
Interestingly enough, I felt my left eye "release" a tear even while palming and with my eyes completely closed! There was a period at the very beginning where it seemed like when I was outside my eyes were always "crying". That has diminished a lot. It may have to do with bright light tolerance or something, but whatever. I think it is VERY important to FORSAKE one's disease and EMBRACE THE SOLUTION. This is true whether you have cancer, acne, imperfect sight, etc.

so, whatever! Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now