MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sleepiness while palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleepiness while palming
Hello,

I began to practice the Bates method and sometimes I experience the clear flashes. But often during the palming sessions I feel like I’m falling asleep and sometimes I actually lay down on a bed and sleep. Should I struggle against the sleepiness? My regular sleep is about 9 hours a night and it’s enough for me to feel good at morning and during the all day.

Regards,
Vladimir
Welcome to the forum, Vladimir.

I've also experienced sleepiness while palming, many times. Maybe this is why Dr. Bates once said that palming can be used as a cure for insomnia. Tongue

However, he also associates daytime sleepiness with eyestrain. So, your sleepiness while palming must be evidence of your strain. Dr. Bates said that imagining things moving can help if you find yourself becoming sleepy while palming.

You shouldn't struggle against the sleepiness. Struggling takes effort, which is counterproductive when practicing the Bates method. Either let yourself sleep (take a nap), or if you don't want to sleep, stop palming and try out another Bates technique.

I actually didn't get much out of palming in the beginning and that's when I tried out other things, like shifting and the long swing. I'm currently getting more benefit from shifting and the long swing than I am from palming.

Good luck! Smile
Thank you, David.
Oh, sorry, Jason Big Grin
Hahaha, no worries. Big Grin
You might palm until you get sleepy, then stop, do something else, and palm again later. I don't think it's a good idea to tell your body that it's okay to just go to sleep every time you start to relax, because you want to be able to relax and stay awake.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I during the day if I try to palm, I really struggle to stop things going through my head, so I have a CD that I purchased for natural eye improvment.

But the guys voice is so soothing that I am yet to make it through the palming excersise without falling asleep, and it's only about 30 mins.
Another thing that I struggle with as well, is as I relax, I find that my palms begine to drop away from my eyes, I've tried using different props to keeps my arms in place but it doesn't seem to matter.

I find it easier to just let my palms drop in the end and keep my eyes closed.

Mike

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download