MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
grandma is planning on cataract surgery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grandma is planning on cataract surgery
what should i do?!?

should i help her even though i haven't cured myself yet? i told her about the method but unfortunately she seems reluctant. however that was over the phone lol.

what do you think? thanks for advice guys! Smile
*wonders why i've been typing all in lowercase*
ohhh because it takes less effort, that's why.
OK GUYS,

hurry up because she has to sign the paper on monday
If she's willing to pay the money, I say she should do the surgery. She might think the Bates Method would take too long.
It's difficult to see how you can really help her here as long as you're not fully cured or nearly so yourself.
well i still think i can. i've been improving a lot lately. I've had COUNTLESS amazing clear flashes. :o

how about this:

i tell her to close and cover her eyes with the palms of her hands w/out applying any pressure against her eyeballs. Then I read the bates chapter on Palming to her while she "attempts" it. Wink

Sound good or what? ???
also:

is my plan better than her getting the surgery?
hurry hurry time is running out oh noes!
aurum-femina Wrote:If she's willing to pay the money, I say she should do the surgery. She might think the Bates Method would take too long.

ahaha, that describes my grandma right there. "but don't you have to practice the method everyday?" Big Grin
She's a grown-up so she can decide herself. Just give her the information. She can sign the papers any time later, why hurry. I think, for curing the cataract the best thing to try is sun treatment, namely the burning glass. You can help her to do it and see if she feels better afterwards. If it inspires her, she may continue the practice.

My experience is that you can't convince anybody to even try Bates method, or even read the Bates book. People are just not interested.
Thank you Oleg K.
also what's funny is that on the phone she kept asking "does it involve looking at bright lights?"

maybe i should. but people would think i'm weird cuz it would look like i'm trying to burn out her eyes! LOOOL

what should i do?
Make a search through the Better Eyesight Magazine and the Bates book for "cataract". I definitely remember that Dr. Bates relieved cataract and made it completely dissolve in seconds, and then demonstrated how the lens can become opaque again by straining. I don't remember though what exact methods he recommended best for cataract. I think it's the burning glass, but you should check it out.

Ironically, some people think that cataract develops because of too much bright light striking their eyes. This is nonsense, but hard to overcome the fear. Your grandmother is asking you because she might be thinking so as well. It is however apparent that although she avoided to look directly at the sun all her life, the cataract has developed and even has completely ripened for the operation, so it can hardly be worse than that if her eyes are now exposed to the bright light. Start with the burning glass, because then she will not have to directly look at the sun at first and gradually dismiss her fear of light.

Burning glass is completely safe, because it shines the rays through the opaque sclera, not the lens (though BTW her lens is now opaque too) Just keep moving the glass to avoid burning from heat. Here's I wrote about it in my blog: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-to-use-burning-glass-on-yourself.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how ... rself.html</a><!-- m -->

And what the f*** should we care about what other people think? I used to be shy too, but now I can stand in the street and look directly at the sun when it suddenly comes out from behind the clouds. My face is comfortable and happy, and people are walking by. It's funny to imagine what they may think, but I don't give a damn.
You said:

And what the f*** should we care about what other people think? I used to be shy too, but now I can stand in the street and look directly at the sun when it suddenly comes out from behind the clouds. My face is comfortable and happy, and people are walking by. It's funny to imagine what they may think, but I don't give a damn.

I said:

YOU ARE SO F***ING RIGHT DUDE Big Grin

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now