MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
helpful video on the long swing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helpful video on the long swing
Hi,

I think this video really gets to grips with the Bates concept, place take a look and let me know what you think Smile

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8L91_UxBI&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8L91_U ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

Mike
I hate to be blunt, but I hate this video because she is staring so often. It has been stated numerous times that the stare is contagious, and it has been proven that the stare is the cause of hundreds of ailments. I'd like to see a video of someone who's CURED who's doing the long swing.
ahh ok,

Sorry, I thought that the Bates model was put over quite well, I could not tell if she was staring or not, and how do you know she hasn't cured herself?

I'm not taking shots at you here, I just wanted to know how you could tell her stare? I'm new to all this really so i'm sure there is a lot I don't understand yet Smile

Mike
Wait. THAT'S how you do long swing? Ugh. I was way off when doing it. I feel so stupid. Haha.
I too used to think watching videos and stuff would help me learn Bates. But that's not the way to go.

You got to learn it from your own experience - don't rely on the crap you see other people doing. They're mostly just hypocrites who strain themselves and wear -10 contacts (but pretend they have perfect sight!).

And you most certainly won't learn just by watching other people do it. It's not what's going on the outside that's important, it's the illusion of the swing that you see in your own field.
But am I supposed to produce a swing of the whole room, or just individual things as I slowly move my head/eyes/body? I need to know because I've probably been making my vision a little worse doing what I thought was the swing. D:
ahh now that's exactly what I mean!

Yeah it's all very well saying you have to learn it for yourself, but you do need to have some idea of what your aiming at.
I think that a video can be most helpful, else you could say that all natural vision trainers are also of no value as they do the same thing really.

They show how to create the right feelings you need to recover your vision, I mean Bates himself was showing kids how to recover their vision, do you think for one moment he turned up at a school and said "right now i'm here you will have to find out for yourself!"

A good video and can be very helpful in my opinion, and before you say, yes a bad video can be very unhelpful I know, so I guess what we all want to know is, is this video of no help at all, are the methods that she puts forward wrong, or is she just doing them wrong (big difference)

Mike
Most of the 'natural vision teachers' out there are frauds who are half blind themselves. It's a sad truth, but the Bates heritage has been made a mockery of since his death.

It's difficult to find people who have really understood the Bates method. David Kiesling is just one of the rare people who actually knows what he's on about. There are other idiots like Andrew, Quackenbush, etc. who just haven't got a clue and haven't even cured themselves. They talk about stupid things like 'sketching' which is a strain and in opposition to every principle Bates set his methods upon.

It's a harsh reality, I know, but it's no joke.

It's what drives the real anguish of some people who've understood and cured themselves and are trying to help others, like Rishi. Just look at the homepage of his group, 'PerfectSight', it already sounds hostile because they are so fed up of the fakes who are giving a bad image to the Bates heritage because they are giving bad advice and when people follow it they say 'no, this doesn't work, it must be fake'.People are advocating 'reduced lenses'. IT IS SO COMPLETELY WRONG. You will NEVER get real results unless you discard your glasses. It will be difficult at first, yes. But it will all be worth it when you regain your normal sight.

That's why I think you have to learn it for yourself. I am kind of wrong in saying that watching others will NEVER help, because that's untrue. But the number of people out there who have absolutely no understanding about the cure of imperfect sight is ridiculous, and they are presenting themselves as professionals. The number of quacks is on the increase, people trying to profit in on the Bates system and selling their made up nonsense!

The best way to learn isn't from watching videos though, trust me on that. At the very least you need to watch someone in real life. Perfect sight is contagious, and since we tend to imitate the behavior of others being in the precense of someone who has perfect sight and can show you the swing is very helpful. You need to at least take the trouble to have a real life example, not some video that you watched on a tiny little YouTube screen. You won't learn anything from that.

Watch how children swing. That would be good. But not these old women who are at -10 d and don't have a clue!

The main problem with swinging is that people try and make it so complicated. It's so bloody easy you'll slap yourself. People go to so great lengths trying to describe it in detail what they are doing wrong, trying to ask for help, etc. it's remarkable. All you need is the Bates magazines, it's all in there. Everything you need to know is there!
I take everything you say onboard, I still don't think that I understand the swing and would be the first to admit it.
I have 3 kids, 2 with perfect vision, but I can't say that I've noticed a swing to the way they regard things.

I'll have a closer look now you've mentioned it.

The trouble is that when you really really want to get your vision back, it seems that there isn't anything else you can think about when you're out and about, every day I wake up and the first thing that goes through my head is in my vision better today, and I look at text on the bedroon wall, I just can't help it!!

I'm on the tube every day, I find myself looking at the tube maps, can I see it any better today I ask myself, I find myself continually practicing central fixation, and shifting from edge to edge of items. I don't actually intend to do it all the time, it's just aways in the back on my mind.

I'm a very practical person, and struggle with the concept that things can change unless I make them change, the whole idea that things can change by my not doing anything all seems impossible to me( I know it's the way your mind works ) I DO think there is something in the Bates method, but I am really really struggling with my own concept at the moment.

I've been doing this now for 6 weeks, and I feel that I still don't have a clue as to what I'm aiming at. if I practice palming, I find it really hard to not try to force a field of black into my mind, I can get there sometimes, but it's difficult.

Any guidence would be really helpful, I don't have that far to go to get my vision back I don't think, it's only -1.75 and at daytime I can get by with out my glassess no problem, it's just at night it's bad, the brighter the sun the better my vision is, I think that my eyes start to work like pinhole glasses, the iris closes down letting less light in narrowing the angle, and I can see better.

I do have periods of eye watering, sometimes in the morning, but inspite of what people say I really don't think when this happens and I see better it's a clear flash, it's just the moisture in my eye working like a lense for a few seconds.

The only thing that I can say I have noticed the last 6 weeks is that maybe things are a little richer in colour, blacks maybe look a little blacker.

by the way I have a cd be a guy called Gred Marsh, I may be wrong, but he sounds like he knows his stuff, and he endorses the Bates all the way.

Mike
The Perfect Sight book is where it's at. Until you have proven to yourself that you know what your doing and improvement is continuous, I wouldn't stray too far from Bates' and Emily's writings. Even then, it is the method that will work for you. If a technique seem confusing, you are probably over thinking it. Again, like David has said, "be less". Maybe explore some mindfullness "excercises". Check out Jon Kabat-Zinn. He has a real no-nonsense approach to quieting the mind. With the mind more at rest, it is easier to follow the Bates principles.

I have some respect for Rishi if he really cured himself, but he seems like kind of a conceited astrologer ass who has named himself "saint" in hindi. WTF! Being among the the likes of him does little to relax my mind! (True, I did have a bad interaction with him and his goons. ;D )
I saw her video before finding this board and was confused because her eyes jer so much which my daughter with 20/100 or worse vision also do. My husband watched my eyes (20/15 or beter) while swinging and they don't jerk so I figured itwould be better not to jerk but she mentions in her video that the eyes do jerk like that.
Hi,

yes I did see her eyes jerking, and thought oh, that must be how normal eyes react!
I have checked out my daughters eyes this morning during conversation and noticed that they shift all the time from left to right, but as for a swinging motion, I guess that bit must just be in the mind.

Mike
Don't force yourself to shift your eyes and try and copy your children exactly the way they do.

Just 'let' their behavior be imitated by your subconscious. Keep an intention that you will try to be more like they are. Then just let the Perfect Sight spread all onto you. Perfect sight is contagious!!
I take your meaning,

it's annoying, I feel that I am pretty close actually in real terms, I don't mean that I have improved massivly in the 6 weeks that I've been practicing.

What I mean is I have just done a Snellen test from 20 feet, and the lettering if anything is actually slightly too small ( just the way it printed out) and the funny thing is I can see the 30 line and even some of the 25 line from 20 feet, BUT and there is a but, I can't see them clearly, in fact to be honest I can't even see the top letter really clearly, it just seems so close to coming into focus though, it's like when you have a crappy airal on your TV and you have quite a sharp picture but you also have this ghost image as well, although the ghost image is almost as prominant as the prime image, if that makes sense?

The other thing is that If I were to do the same test in bad light, because of the way I see, I would not be able to even get close to seeing letters that size, I would be lucky to see 20/100 I would think, and yet in the day time I can carry on by usual business without wearing glasses at all, well I'm not waring glasses at any time of the day anyway actaully hahaha, but you get my drift!

when I palm just for a minute or so in front of the chart and then look, things are definatly clearer, I'll update my blog so I can refer to it in a few weeks Smile

Mike
Hi,
Kazekage Wrote:Most of the 'natural vision teachers' out there are frauds who are half blind themselves. It's a sad truth, but the Bates heritage has been made a mockery of since his death.

Just wondering, where did you get these information? Are most of the teachers listed in the official sites frauds?

Regards,
Petal

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now