MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Palming noise reduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palming noise reduction
I live in a busy home where people are constantly shouting, playing video games, blasting music, or watching t.v. The room where I usually palm is next to all this raquet. This is the only place where I can be alone and the quietest.I could still hear everything thats going on since its loud and disturbs my relaxation. Is it alright to use earplugs while palming. I brought these really good earplug which Is used for sound reduction. There really soft so it isn't annoying or irritatating. What do you guys think?
I don't see a problem with earplugs.

Also, do you notice how you completely block out certain sounds while you sleep? I do that all the time with continuous sounds when I sleep, like my computer or the TV or music. And when I'm around someone that I don't want to pick up emotional crap from (for example if someone is angry about anything I'll react by immediately getting angry at that person), I just imagine a barrier around myself that doesn't let it in, and it works pretty good to keep me totally unaffected. People are crazy.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David Wrote:And when I'm around someone that I don't want to pick up emotional crap from (for example if someone is angry about anything I'll react by immediately getting angry at that person), I just imagine a barrier around myself that doesn't let it in, and it works pretty good to keep me totally unaffected. People are crazy.

Whoooa, I'll definitely try that. And I would really need it, because I get emotional crap from crazy people way too often. Big Grin
Palming reduced ringing in my ears after about 15 hours dramatically. I suspect that i will have amazing hearing after a full cure is affected. That's the kind of noise reduction i experienced.
Whohlme Wrote:Palming reduced ringing in my ears after about 15 hours dramatically.

Huh? Are you saying you palmed for 15 hours? ???

Whohlme Wrote:I suspect that i will have amazing hearing after a full cure is affected.

I would count on it! I have experienced huge improvement in my hearing (which was already normal) while palming before. Actually, believe it or not, the Bates method has improved all of my senses very much. However, the improvement is not yet permanent. I am getting there! Smile

Also, I heard that there are some meditation techniques that give you hearing so sharp that you'd be able to hear somebody drop a needle from a really long ways away. :o
Yes, I palmed for 15 hours. I was aiming for 24 but it was my first epic session and I had to take two naps. Yes, I do believe the Bates method improves all senses as it relaxes the mind, which involves so much more than just the eyes.
True.

However I just don't understand how somebody could palm for such a long time.....LOL

Did it improve your vision? If so, how much and for how long? What else did you experience during/after the palming session?
I agree with Jason, palming that long must have been uncomfortable! You probably peed in your pants!
Even Bates was incredulous when the almost 70 year old man told him he palmed for twenty. If you don't understand how I could've done it then maybe you are not motivated enough. For me it was but a few minutes for the rewards it gave. It did improve my vision, but not immediately. It took one week, but it scared me to my core. I never realized how blind I was in the past. Rushes of thoughts and memories came to me as I palmed. Bad thoughts surfaced and were purified out of me, and the good ones remained. Most of my pride, lust, hatred, fear, etc. just simply vanished. It's very strange. Almost like mental fasting if you will...

By the way, I forgot to mention, I took a 5 minute break every half our. Smile

As with some people Bates helped, I don't really care about my eyes as much as my MIND. After all, that's what sees anyways.

I look forward to trying to repeat this activity once a week at most and palm very often on other days.
It's just that palming never really helped me in the past (however, recently I have been benefitting from it much much more).

And I am motivated, and I actually get more and more motivated every single day!!!!! ;D

I have also had many of the same "mental cleansing" experiences as you.

Sometimes I seriously can't help but compare the Bates method to a psychedelic plant/drug!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download