MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Different types of snellens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different types of snellens
Hey guys, I just had a few quick things to bring up. I lost my old snellen I got from the "Relearning to See" book after I moved, so I printed a new one out online, and I was having trouble with it, even the 20/40 line. So I was thinking "Did my vision get worse?" So after using that for a bit, I found a new one from that 'visions of joy' website, and it resembled my first snellen from Quackenbush's book. The differences I found were, the snellen that I was having trouble with was printed in a "San Serif" font I believe, (the ones where the letters have feet on them). Also, the lower you go on the chart, the letters would get closer together. I was having trouble because the letters were bunched so close together and maybe the style of the letters made it more difficult.
Anyways, the new snellen I found has letters without the "feet" on them, and the 20/20 line and lower gets more and more spaced out as it gets lower. With this chart I can read the 10/15 line pretty easily. (I can only sit 10 ft away in this room).. So I'm guessing according to this chart I'm about 20/30 in decent lighting. The other chart made me struggle to read the 20/40 line. It was literally half the size of the 20/40 line of this new chart. Anyone else ever notice this? I'm happy because with this chart, which resembles my first chart, my vision is definately not getting any worse, and maybe getting a little bit better.
Also, one other thing I'd like to mention because I see how often it is talked about how emotions and stress deal with vision. I noticed the same for myself. A little over a month ago I got news from my college that I (without knowing it) had completed a degree. I was really overjoyed to have it all finished with and on my drive home I had a few extremely brilliant clear flashes. It was at night time and everything lit up so perfectly.
I also noticed, on the other end of things.. that 2 weeks ago I went through something extremely stressful and difficult. Everything turned out fine but while I was going through it, I was dwelling on thoughts all day, and one night went shopping with my wife and got these unbelievably bad pains in my eyes..almost like a migrane. It was so bad that I was feeling nausea and was even worried about driving home safely. After I got home I laid down and tried to relax and not think about the stress, and my wife got a warm compress and put it over my eyes and turned off the lights, and honestly in 30 seconds the pain went away. It was by far the worst pain I've ever had in my eyes. But since then I stopped dwelling on the stress and haven't had those pains since.
I just thought those 2 things would be interesting to bring up. What do you guys think about the snellen thing?
Thanks,
-Mike
Dear Mike,

Subject: Easy to use Snellen -- a BETTER Snellen!

Try this one. Just click here, and then on "Display"
several times.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

This give you a 20/60 line instantly. (1 inch letters at 20 feet).

If you can only "Get back" to 10 feet, then select that distance.

The 1 inch letter is changed to 1/2 inch, and that is equvalent
to 20/60 (or 10/30 if you prefer).

Bates was accused of "Memorizing" the chart. Since this is Random,
you can not memorize nor "cheat" the test. A great
advantage.

Just remember you must read 1/2 the letters correctly to
pass the line.

Give it a try! Smile

Otis
Mike82 Wrote:I also noticed, on the other end of things.. that 2 weeks ago I went through something extremely stressful and difficult. Everything turned out fine but while I was going through it, I was dwelling on thoughts all day, and one night went shopping with my wife and got these unbelievably bad pains in my eyes..almost like a migrane. It was so bad that I was feeling nausea and was even worried about driving home safely. After I got home I laid down and tried to relax and not think about the stress, and my wife got a warm compress and put it over my eyes and turned off the lights, and honestly in 30 seconds the pain went away. It was by far the worst pain I've ever had in my eyes. But since then I stopped dwelling on the stress and haven't had those pains since.

You mean in the muscles surronding the eyes right? Because I doubt you had pain IN your eyes.

I had a similar problem on Sunday April 27th 2008. I got some temporary relief using trigger point therapy, but I eventually just went to sleep to avoid the great tension in the muscles around the eyes. The tension and pain was so intense I could not focus on the movie I was attempting to watch. I started a Thread called: Trigger Point for tension in muscles around the eyes to try to explain to others how to use trigger point therapy to deal with referred pain in the muscles surrounding the eyes.
Here is an excellent Snellen for your use:

Just click here -- print it out.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/block_letter_eye_chart.pdf">http://www.i-see.org/block_letter_eye_chart.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Be certain to check out-doors for best results.

Otis

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now