MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What was the first obstacle you had to overcome?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the first obstacle you had to overcome?
I've had quite a few flashes already since I started doing the Bates method last November. There's no significant improvement yet but I'm not at all discouraged. Why? Because I remember the first few weeks of not wearing glasses was absolutely unbearable. I recall the time I was in the grocery store and didn't even last 5 minutes without my glasses. I was like a chain smoker scrambling for another cigarette. How pathetic is that? ;D I said to myself 'you can forget about driving without glasses, you can't even SHOP without glasses!' But guess what, I am now able to drive without glasses, sometimes even at night!

What I'm trying to say is, even without any significant improvement vision wise, I feel I've come a long way since last November; I've gotten rid of the anxiety! I don't know about you guys but that's a big deal to me!

Do all Bates practitioners go through the same phase (of overcoming the anxiety)?
I had the same feeling. And for me it got worse than that. I've been beaten up in the metro last year and since then the anxiety is back with a vengeance.
Beaten up? like mugged? Where do you live?
Yes mugged. I live in a village near Brussels, Belgium. It happened on my way to work in Brussels. I just started driving without glasses and I'm currently struggling again to stay away from my glasses.
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps stay away from dark, unfrequented areas?
Anyway, I can see you're a newbie. May I know what method you've been doing the most?
I'd say that shifting works best for me.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now