MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Shifting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shifting
Hello,

I did shifting on the snellen chart for about 20 minutes today. I felt I had one or two moments of sharper vision, but it did not last. A few times, the white area sorrounding the letters seemed to get whiter - but whenever I blinked this effect was lost. I blinked consciously every few seconds. An hour after I did shifting I felt quite uncomfortable and had foreign body sensation in the eye which lasted for over an hour. I did palming for 10 minutes and now it seems to have settled. I did not get the effect that was mentioned in the book where the letters were supposed to move during shifting. Could it be possible that I am using an incorrect method of shifting? Am I supposed to see the letters move if done correctly or does it take time for this to happen?

Thanks,
Ram
Yes, it is possible you're doing shifting a bit wrong. Most people will do most or everything wrong at first. If they didn't, they wouldn't have such a chronic problem in the first place.

But I would be happy that something happened, a couple things, even if you don't understand it. And congrats on doing it for 20 minutes - For some reason people often stop after 5 minutes each time and don't get anywhere.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
OK, now I understand the two phenomena. The former is called a flash ( a very mild one) and the latter is called a halo. Yesterday night, my vision was feeling slightly better and I could see it on the Snellen too. It did not last very long and by the time I went to bed it had returned to 'normal'. When I woke up this morning, yesterdays marginal gains were not there, but it is certainly motivating to work on this.

For the first time in years, I removed my glasses for watching a movie yesterday. Though I could not see much, I could still see 'movements' and I could still follow the movie using voice. I also tried sun gazing this morning and found it too rough on the eyes. So I was content in gazing the neighbourhood of sun for a minute and even this was quite tough. I realize that my exposure to sunlight is very rare in the last fifteen years or so. I go to office early morning and return by sunset. Even on holidays and vacations I have been spending too much time indoors and surfing the internet. This is why I am unable to look comfortably in the direction of the sun. This is one habit I need to get rid off. Have to wake up early in the morning and spend a few minutes looking at the bright sky and the rising sun.( and trying sunning with closed eyelids)
I did 30 minutes of reading the Snellen with shifting today( over two sessions) and got several momentary flashes, and one of them improved my vision by 25% . I am doing an hour of palming everyday and it feels quite good and I notice a marginally improved eyesight for a few seconds after every session of palming. Now I have a bad headache and unable to look at bright lights. Smile

I am still not getting the movements that are supposed to happen while shifting.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now