MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Things I've Found Most Helpful

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I've Found Most Helpful
Please utilize this thread to lists the things you've found most helpful in your personal eyesight recovery.
I feel that this will be very interesting owing to the fact that every single individual is different and unique and so it follows that what is effective for each person is just as unique and variable. That said, we can all learn from each other and no doubt there will be great similarities, a common ground in what works for the majority, and hopefully this thread will allow such things to become evident if many people post. I urge you as the reader and practitioner of Dr.Bates' wonderful system of vision restoration, to step in and take a few moments to enlighten and encourage us all with your experience and telling what has yielded the most benefit!

My list:

- Sun gazing has been a blessing
- Reading fine print and practicing memory and imagination with it while looking at the distance chart.
- Remembering any letter and the intense black of fresh print always improves my sight immediately.
- Observing the universal swing of all objects is a massive help, and makes me feel euphoric
- Experimenting and demonstrating all the stuff Bates writes about in his magazines puts me into the right frame of mind, the 'favourable condition' as we may call it.

Now your turn Wink
Sunlight has vitamin B which is an antidepressant and sunlight also helps your sleep cycle.

speaking of sun gazing, i want to see the kind of light that you have that you shine into your eyeballs. I can't see it in the post in "Off Topic", but i can see the other small 9 images that u posted.
Hi Otter, I sun-gaze using the real sun for now and not artificial lights. I have a 300W lamp but it gets searing hot under long durations and I'm dubious about what kind of long term effects it might have on my skin under that level of heat intensity, so the only risk free option is to use the natural light of the sun, although that's not too hard to get nowadays what with it being May and the bright days of summer coming frequently here in the UK. Which means I can get at least 30 minutes per day of closed eyed and open eyed sun gazing, and sometimes I do it for 1 hour. My eyes always look full of vigour and crystal white afterwards and my eyesight is so much more consistently clear as of late which I'm sure is as result of my increased time spent in practicing with strong lights. I am going to follow Oleg Krupnov's own suggestion of purchasing a metal-halide high intensity gas discharge bulb, and I'm going to check out his blog for some guidance with that. They look way better than the crappy conventional halogen bulb that I've got now, and from Oleg's information they can produce much more light from consuming very little power and also they produce far less heat which is perfect. Until then, the actual sun will suffice, and during the dark hours I just stick to using my simple old 60W incandescent bulb, which, although is very weak at producing light, if I get close enough it seems quite intense. Sorry, I'm not sure about what's going on with the image link in my other thread, but I'll try to get it back up.

So, please tell us what worked for you? Thanks!
Otter Wrote:Sunlight has vitamin B which is an antidepressant and sunlight also helps your sleep cycle.

Sun treatment has nothing to do with vitamins and antidepressants in context of Bates method. If you explain away the sun treatment with some crappy vitamins, it means you don't understand anything from the Bates method. Sun treatment works quite the opposite way. It is the greatest adverse condition out there, unbearable unless you learn to relax. In the strong light, the state of strain becomes very distinct compared to the state of relaxation. The discomfort from strain is so great that you just can't miss it, and so you can do something to let go of it. When you are not exposed to strong light, you may still be straining, but you just don't feel it. This is why and how the adverse conditions can be used with benefit to the eyes.

I wonder why people (including myself at times) go on inventing theories of their own instead of just following the instructions? Dr. Bates have written many times in the BEMs that the cure of such people is always delayed the most.
Hi Kazekage, Great topic.

Here's my list:
1) Glancing over the view while travelling in a moving vehicle(cars, buses or trains). Important not to let the eyes cling on to any object(because you can't) but let the scene pass you by, let go of the eyes and give up the stare.
2) Spending a day outdoors in the sun doing relaxing activities like strolling in the park, picnic by the beach etc.
3) Sleep helps me, despite Dr Bates' caution about sleep causing strain in the eyes. My eyes feel very relaxed in the morning. After a few long swings after waking up, clear flashes tend to appear.
4) Skipping helps me when I start to notice the up/down oppositional motion.eg. When I jump up, the fence in front of my house feels like its going downwards. When i come down, the fence appears to move up. However, do take note to stretch the muscles well after the exercise else you may have cramps.
5)Watch tv programs which you may enjoy and rely on other senses while watching it. MTVs work very well for me, as even though I could not see the screen clearly, the music is enough to bring relaxation and the screen sometimes clears up a bit when I remember to shift, blink and centralise constantly.

I try my best to incorporate Bates' methods into daily activities, whether is it when travelling to work, exercising or doing leisure activities. However, it seems like its still not enough to obtain a permanent improvement in my eyesight. Probably its because I spend at least 8hrs in front of the pc every day at work, while wearing weaker glasses. I guess I will have to work towards removing the glasses before any drastic improvement will be seen.

Regards,
Petal

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download