MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Ghostly images...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostly images...
Nice topic name to get your attention, huh?

I have another question (don't all groan at once LOL - am I only here to ask questions? :-\ ) but there are just so many strange and wonderful things happening with my eyesight that I feel this is the only place to go to seek answers (see? that's a compliment for you Big Grin )

Right... get to the point, Cubster. Well, I have been starting to get clear flashes by blinking when I look at stuff- realised this when I was doing my 'chart exercises' but now there are times when I get this while looking around the garden, etc. But most of the time the clear flash isn't completely clear- let me explain with a few examples...

1. If I look at, say, a fence post in the garden and blink so it becomes clearer, what I get is one very clear and sharp fence post, but with one or two more faded, blurry images on either side of it (hence my term ghostly images- dunno what else to call them).

2. If I get a clear flash while looking at the test chart, sometimes it will be so clear that the text will seem to leap out at me, very sharp and black, but other times it is not quite this sharp and appears slightly above or below a more blurred version of the text.

3. A couple of times I have even had the strange sensation of getting a clear flash on a fairly low line on the chart, but with a floating letter 'L' from the line or two above which seems to float somewhere in front of the chart, as if part-way between the chart and me. How weird is that? :o

Is all this normal? Does anyone know why this happens? I can't find any reference to this sort of thing in my book, so I really don't know what's going on. I don't understand why I don't just get one clear image when I get the clear flash.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... 8)
When your vision is imperfect, you will get all sorts of illusions, as Dr. Bates describes them in his book, including the illusion of number of objects seen, their size, position, color etc. When you have a flash of improved sight, but not all strain is gone, you should expect that some of the illusions will go but others will still remain or may change in a way. In my experience, I see ghost images too during flashes of improved vision. With deeper levels of relaxation, the ghost images fade out and disappear. Strangely enough, my ghost images do not converge to a single image as one would expect, but stay at the same place and just fade out and disappear entirely. Mental illusions are so weird.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download