MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Im new, regarding pinhole glasses.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im new, regarding pinhole glasses.
I started reading about bates method about 3 months ago, after ordering greg marsh's cd set and the 2 books from mercola.com.

I made this topic on the rawfood website, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=40507">http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=40507</a><!-- m -->, and I made some points there.

Anyway, when I first started wearing pinhole glasses they really helped, but about a month after, I really didn't like them and I realised they definitely increases the amount of floaters in my eyes. Has anyone found this ? i have stopped wearing them because of this. Has anyone else had a bad experience with pinhole glasses?

Anyway, this is my first post, and thanks to the people who made this forum.

And I havent worn my glasses since march 19th, and it definitely feels better, even though definitely still blurry. Im sticking to it everyday, and really hope one day I will get 20/20.
Don't just read 'about bates method' read the actual, real Bates literature.
Why go for the audio cassettes of some stanger called 'Greg Marsh' when the 1920 writings by the original genius of Dr.Bates are available for us to readily obtain and study?

Pinhole glasses are something you should use only in the interim period if there is a difficulty in the transition from going from a high prescription to discarding the lenses once and for all. If you can go without wearing anything, not even pinhole glasses (because they are still an artificial form of correction) then that is the obvious choice to follow.

If pinhole glasses cause you to see floaters, it means that they are a strain to wear for you, so in this case I would especially recommend to just dump them and get practicing with the real stuff of Bates. They'll go away instantaneously, the moment you can achieve rest. One of the fastest ways of annihilating floaters is to remember perfect sight. You can do this by imagining the blackest black you ever saw, or some intensely black object that you can remember seeing. You can also use the flashing method to achieve a perfect mental picture of a black letter on the test card and utilize this as your medium of perfect memory.

I use perfect imagination as my personal favorite technique to get rid of floaters after sun gazing. It works marvelously well, often it takes a mere few seconds to completely obliterate any trace of floater in my field. I remember some letter or talk a continuous stream of gibberish sentences in my mind visualizing the picture of the words as they flash by in an increasingly intense black. Of course the 'best method' depends on the individual, so you have to test out things, experiment. Don't be afraid, don't feel obliged to have to stick it out with one single method whether or not you get results, you'll be surprised what can happen when you are willing to demonstrate and fiddle with different routines. This also eliminates boredem in my own experience, which is a hugely contributing factor for the failure in gaining improvement.
Okay thank you, and in response, one of the books of the packagae I bought was the 1920s magazine articles, a massive 800 page book which i read bits of at a time.

Can i ask what the flashing method is ?
I am guessing the book that you have is the one from Quackenbush, the compilation of Better Eyesight magazines. Have fun reading it! Just remember to ignore all the comments by TRQ because they are mostly nonsense. Good job on getting it though, because it's an indispensible cyclopeadia for guidance with the process of the cure of imperfect sight.

The flashing method you will find on the very first page (or the page where the magazines begin) of your new book, entitled 'The Fundamental Principle'. It is very simple, consisting of closing the eyes to rest them, then opening them for a fraction of a second (thus, 'flashing') to look at a letter on the chart or anywhere else. Then close them again to rest them, and continue. Remember to blink and keep moving your head from side to side, noticing the apprarent swing, so as to avoid strain from staring, whenever the eyes are opened. At first this improved vision is only temporary, but the intention is to keep increasing their frequency until they become permanent, inescapable. That's a short description of it, but you can find longer and comprehensive tutorials in the magazine to show how to utilize these flashes to implement in various routines or situations and help with other methods such as memory and imagination et cetera.
Okay, I found the part on flashing, and am reading that bit of the book.

This must be the book you are referring to. click on the pics for a bigger view.

[Image: 12818331980.jpg]

[Image: 12818331912.jpg]

[Image: 12818331925.jpg]

This is my cd set of greg marsh, which came with the bates magazine choricle book, and heres his site.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://visionimprovementcenter.com/index.php">http://visionimprovementcenter.com/index.php</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 12818331957.jpg]

The quackenbush book which is okay.

[Image: 12818331967.jpg]

Pinhole glasses i no longer wear.

[Image: 12818332050.jpg]

The eye chart on my wall, which came free with my pinhole glasses.

[Image: 12818332056.jpg]

Tape on floor measuring distance from eye chart.

[Image: 12818332045.jpg]
Cool shots! Post them to 'The Pictures Thread' if you get time.
It could be just the camera, but that eyechart you have looks a bit washed out. You need one that is very intensely black!
By the way, I'd recommend that after you flick through the 'Relearning to See' book, just put it away and ignore it. The only interesting chapters is 'Habits' and the rest sent me to sleep. Also, I don't know what all this Greg Marsh stuff is about. You don't actually need anything else than the Bates magazines and the original 1920 book, they tell it all.
Yes it is washed out, It came free with my pinhole glasses and was all folded up.

where can I get a decent one?
Buy some 'high quality inkjet glossy paper' from a stationary store.
You can use this link to get the chart: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0EokSCvBsynwMqoxnvAhgsHDFr8Sf5uixKp2mZqFBJVJW9LOihn7_apGOcQRpYQ1Pa5VWYaJZdMPls-5w9blZ3A-U673SSE/snellenRishi.PDF">http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0EokSCvBsy ... nRishi.PDF</a><!-- m -->
Set printer setting to 'Best', select high quality paper option, enable '1200DPI'. The quality will be fantastic.
Scaling setting should be on 'A4', centred.
Afterwards you can use sellotape or bluetack or some adhesive to attach it onto some cardboard.
Here's a screen shot I captured: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bem06vk3.png">http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bem06vk3.png</a><!-- m -->
Sorry, my link to the snellen chart was broken. Here's a working one: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/shaaniqbal/snellenRishi.PDF">http://www.freewebs.com/shaaniqbal/snellenRishi.PDF</a><!-- m -->
Its on my wall now, will practice daily.
Kazekage Wrote:Sorry, my link to the snellen chart was broken. Here's a working one: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/shaaniqbal/snellenRishi.PDF">http://www.freewebs.com/shaaniqbal/snellenRishi.PDF</a><!-- m -->

make that post a sticky, it will be excellent for all our members
I have a few original copies of Bates articles I want to post on the web but large copies take too much room.
How do I get the small thumbnails to click larger as you have done with the pictures posted here?
clarknight Wrote:I have a few original copies of Bates articles I want to post on the web but large copies take too much room.
How do I get the small thumbnails to click larger as you have done with the pictures posted here?

you can opload to putfile
What is that?
clarknight Wrote:What is that?

putfile.com

to upload pictures

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download