MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Noticing a change in your everyday vision.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noticing a change in your everyday vision.
Me again ;D

In the past couple of days I have noticed- or think I've noticed - a change in my 'everyday' vision - that is, without glasses, and without clear flashes.

I'm pretty sure that when I first started this, whenI wasn't wearing my glasses everything would just look 'blurred'. Pure and simple.

But now, I'm convinced that instead of just a 'uniform blurryness', things are a combination of clear, straight edges (e.g. on cars, walls, etc) as well as the blurryness. (Does that make sense?) It's easier to notice on things that have straight edges. (Can't look at a tree for example, and think it is 'less blurry' than it used to be.)

However, I don't know if this is just my imagination (I know seeing is part of imagination), or if there is genuinely a difference in my everyday vision. I've only been doing this a few weeks- too early to start seeing a change like this?

So what I'd like to know is, how has everyone else here discovered that their sight is getting better? Does my experience sound familiar? What indications did you get?

Smile
From my own experience and reading others' experiences, discarding glasses permanently will give you an automatic improvement whether you practice Bates or not. It just goes to show how much of a strain you were under while subjected to their influence. And on top of that, once you begin training yourself 'manually', come the bigger changes.

If you imagine you see better, then it's very likely that you ARE seeing better. Trust your intuitions.

About it being easier to notice chance in objects that have distinct edges, I have found the same thing.

Quote:I've only been doing this a few weeks- too early to start seeing a change like this?

No, it's never too early to notice change, whether it is dramatic or subtle.

Quote:So what I'd like to know is, how has everyone else here discovered that their sight is getting better? Does my experience sound familiar? What indications did you get?

Increased snellen acuity, general clarity of surroundings, increased depth perception, better peripheral awareness, better ability to see one part best, more relaxed through the day, ability to notice the universal swing, ability to see the short swing of fine objects, greater colour intensity, attention being away from the eyes and strain, things seen quickly and unconsciously, mental pictures imagined readily and easily... the list goes on forever, but these are all indications of better sight.
Hi Cubster,

Yes, I had a similar experience! First everything was fuzz, then I noticed things popping out to me. I realized I could see straight edges much better as well. After many months of that, now sometimes I will very clearly see flowers and trees very clearly as well! The trick seems to be not trying to see the WHOLE straight line at once, let your eyes glide over surfaces. One thing you can do, though, to be sure of progress is to get a Snellen chart. There are some websites wtih free ones, and reading it and recording the result is a great way of keeping track of progress. Best of luck!

Sorrisi
Hey sorrisblue, that's really good news that you are getting some results. I think you are right about not trying to see the whole part (of anything) at once, because this is not central fixation. However I'm not sure about the method of letting your eyes 'glide' over surfaces. Although the idea of movement is a vital one, the normal eye never moves in a continous gliding movement, but rather shifts very rapidly from point to point to get a clear picture, although the illusion may appear that there is a smooth gliding action because they are so subtle and unconscious most of the time.
Thanks for replies Smile Great to hear of your improvements. (waves to Sorrisiblue) Hi! I remember you from another thread I posted on ;D

I do have a Snellen chart- I started with it 6 feet away and over lots of practise I was getting as far down as being able to read the 3rd line from bottom by looking away and back again- i.e. getting a clear flash. Without a clear flash I started out only being able to read the third line, but as I progressed I found this went to the fifth line. So I think that also shows my sight is improving a little bit?? Smile

I've recently moved the chart away so its now 10 feet away and I'm sort of 'starting again' as it were, with the further distance. Yesterday I palmed for about two minutes then looked at the chart- after a few seconds when it was all blurry, it then went clear for about seven lines down, lasting for a few seconds before it faded to blurry again.

I am thoroughly enjoying going without my glasses, and I find I 'use' my eyes more, e.g. scanning around the supermarket to see where Hubby is Big Grin Although saying that, I find the more I do it, the more I don't consciously use my eyes if that makes sense- I no longer 'try' to see when I'm not wearing glasses. I just let things happen in front of me and if I see it, I see it, that's kind of my attitude now.

I dearly wish that I could remove them completely but my job requires them and I am not in a position to do anything about that. But I'm confident because of the progress I am making, that I will succeed at this. Smile Smile

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download