MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Shifting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shifting
Shifting;to move the eyes (visual attention,center of the visual field) continually from one small part to another small part on a object to see it clear.
To shift from object to object, and part to part, relaxed, easy.
Today at the thrift store I met a lady that said her granddaughter obtained clear vision by reading comic books.
The child is 12 and had unclear vision and wore eyeglasses.
The girl started reading comic books in her spare time outside and inside late into the night.
Her vision became clear and she does not need eyeglasses now.
Eye doctor is amazed.
The grandmother has heard that shifting is healthy for the eyes and thinks that the print and pictures on the comic book pages which are placed at a variety of differernt places on each page causes the girls eyes to shift more often and in a variety of directions.
Looking at the colored pictures, reading something fun, a interesting story also improves the memory, imagination, mental pictures and keeps mind positive, and relaxes the mind and eyes.
No strain, no effort = clear vision
Was she farsighted or nearsighted?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Forgot to ask.
She said something about the print in the school books limiting eye movement as opposed to the variety of areas the print in the comic book are placed at.
She thinks the print in the comic book allows for more eye movement as eyes shift about the page to read in the bubbles what the characters are saying.
Said the school book subjects are boring, girl straining, worring about getting a good grade when tested on subject also causes unclear vision.
Sounds like she had unclear close vision - farsighted.

My family now carries small cards listing our web site and links to iblindness and other Bates sites.
We give them out to every one we see wearing glasses, including mothers, dads with kids wearing eyeglasses.
clarknight Wrote:My family now carries small cards listing our web site and links to iblindness and other Bates sites.
We give them out to every one we see wearing glasses, including mothers, dads with kids wearing eyeglasses.

That's good. I wish someone did that in the midwest a long time ago.
Textbooks can be damn boring too. Not only the endless type, but the material. Being forced to study something like that can have bad effects. I was never into comic books, but I know they can be really interesting if you're into them.

Aside - The elementary science and history textbooks I went through were so dumbed-down for little kids that it was almost useless info. Why not just hold off and teach that stuff later when they can actually understand it?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
History is dumb. We don't need to learn about it. If you're going to be a doctor or nurse or whatever, why the fuck would you need to know about history. Science is ok i guess.
I agree. There are a lot more important things we should learn in school instead of 'history', and all other boring subjects like that. For example, they should teach us how to rest our eyes so that we will never get imperfect sight in the first place! Or at least, something with good practical value.
When central fixation is also used with shifting the vision becomes very clear.
I was taught by Thomas Quackenbush that the exact center of the viusal field is a tiny point (about the size of the end of a pin)produced by the fovea centralis in the center of the eyes retina and this small point produces much clearer than 20/20 vision.
One day after the vision improvement class i was 5 blocks up central street in South San Francisco, CA looking down the street at a person on the corner.
I used shifting and also central fixation, shifting the tiny exact center of the visual field from point to point (small part to small part) on the person.
My vision became very clear.
I clould see that it was the crazy homeless man with the beard.
Able to see his features with fine detail 5 blocks away.
Kept using this shifting, central fixation, attention to fine details without effort moving the center of the viusal field relaxed from part to part, object to object and everything on street was perfectly clear, clearer than 20/20.
Experienced great relaxation, contentment, clarity of mind.
Quote:My family now carries small cards listing our web site and links to iblindness and other Bates sites.

yes, I have thought of doing that as well! It's nice to see that you actually do it!

S

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download