MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
SO MUCH INFO!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO MUCH INFO!
This has become problematic for me; there is just SO MUCH out there on the Net, books, YouTube videos, elsewhere. I feel the need to just read it all but something tells me i shouldn't. It seems weird to go with a few books over tons, but is that really the best way? I have a mini-computer (HP Jornada 720 running Linux), so I could use it w/o glasses. I just feel a little afraid that i'll miss something crucial and not cure myself. Any comforts or harsh reproaches?
Here's the way I see it. Not just as far as eyesight, but in general, especially in regards to health - Most people don't know what they're talking about. Most people are wrong about most things most of the time. Only occasionally is anyone ever right about something, and even then they're only partly right and never actually spot-on. Humans are so clueless. There is so much BS out there on the net and in books that it's ridiculous.

So the best approach with something like this is not to try to gather as much bogus information as possible, but to find a grain of truth in one thing and explore it experientially. When learning the Bates method, people who are successful are the ones who sooner or later find something that they can directly connect with. The ones who fail at it are the ones who stay abstract and don't find something to directly relate a small aspect of how they use their eyes to how blurry or clear their vision is.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Wow this helps a lot. Thank you. So for sure you would say the Bates book as well as all related materials (magazines, etc.) are grains of truth, right? I guess I feel the need to be thorough which in this case seems stupid.
Whohlme Wrote:Wow this helps a lot. Thank you. So for sure you would say the Bates book as well as all related materials (magazines, etc.) are grains of truth, right? I guess I feel the need to be thorough which in this case seems stupid.

No, truth is a specific thing that you find you can directly connect with. But Bates's book and magazines are good places to search for it.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dave,
I have found what you said to be true. For example, most of the youtube videos have nothing to do with actually fixing the problem, they only give interesting (and probably wrong) ideas and theories as to what's causing the problem ie "iris codes", psychological personalities, etc. It really is a bunch of worthlessness. Most videos never presented a method to cure, which is really strange. Now that I have understood this truth, that most stuff out there is wrong, how do I break the feeling I have of wanting to read it all? How can I leave the BS and turn to the truth and not turn back to the BS ever again? I feel like I want to do this, but may be addicted.
Just don't read it if you don't want to.
There's no 'how' to not do it, just don't.
the problem is that i do want to read it, in a way, because it's just plain interesting. Even if it is not truth. I want to be able to turn from it, to make myself not want to read it somehow because it wastes my time. I suppose if I cure myself fast, I can look at the BS and laugh. It's a bit of a dilemma....
I had a period of looking, sifting through all the crap out there. Thinking, perhaps unconsciously, that there was a miracle cure that I would connect with and cure me instant. Kind of an infantile impulse and an avoidance of the real focus and commitment that must be made to get real results. Through the Bates method, of course, duh.
Wholme,

You don't just break the feeling of wanting to look for more information, or a miracle cure like otto said. Your programming keeps your vision blurry, and your programming keeps you wanting to beat around the bush or do anything but actually practice what you need to. That's the dichotomy you feel. Tear yourself away from identifying with the programming and you are no longer it. The programming will be the familiar and somewhat comforting rut that you keep cruising down until you consistently refuse to be lead by it.

Dave
Site Administrator

Quote:truth is a specific thing that you find you can directly connect with
That's a good line.

Personally, to present a contrasting view: I think it's important to draw wisdom from many places. There are many different theories/variations out there. Though most may be wrong, it may be even be more wrong to be ignorant of them. If you want to read them...why not...but do so with a critical mind. A critical reader is a skeptical reader. In other words, If you understand that what you read might not be true, then there is no reason to fear and avoid it.

Before you do that though...please understand Bates' original work first. This will allow you to understand the root of the whole concept.

Paul

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now