MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Thirty Days without glasses!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thirty Days without glasses!
It is exactly 30 days since I discarded my strong -8D glasses. I have not worn them even once ever since. Now I think I can really live without them until I am able to cure my imperfect eyesight. Initially it appeared hopeless especially at the work place but it is possible if you are willing to make plenty of sacrifices. Most of my colleagues know that I am a blind bat without them so I sport plain glasses frequently to avoid a lot of questions like why I have stopped wearing them even when I see little. Some of my work requires minimal vision ( like giving seminars, conferences, being a delegate) and I am using pinholes in these situations. The pinholes I use look like sunglasses so it does not look awkward at all. I also switch to pinholes whenever my eyes get very strained in an effort to see the computer screen. Anyways I keep their use very minimal. I noticed that even though pinholes improve my vision to 20/100 it is still a burden on the eye because it interferes with the natural use of the eyes because of low field of vision. It can still be useful in situations where you want to see with less strain. They are infinitely better than corrective lenses.

On the negative side, I still experience much discomfort without glasses at work and try to palm very often. However, the pain levels have come down from what it was in the first week or so when it was unbearable and intefered with daily activities. In the evenings I practice my regular meditation for two hours and then do most of the Bates routines at night before going to bed. The sun treatment remains quite painful as yet, and I am wondering if I should leave this out for a while.

Regarding my vision, it varied between 6/200 to 8/200 when I started about a month ago. Now they vary between 5/200 and 11/200, with average of 8/200( under room lighting). I already seen my near vision improve dramatically. I am easily able to read fineprint now though I take a few seconds pause for every line I read. Sometimes I experience very blurry vision probably due to excessive computer work. I am planning to have a month long vacation sometime this year and give my eyes the much needed rest. I have hardly taken any leave in the last 13 years and my eyes have had little rest and the use of glasses for over ten hours a day has not helped at all.

On the positive side, I think I am better able to imagine visually with my eyes closed. Though I still cannot imagine black, I can visualize something in my mind now which was very hard a month ago. I have a considerable degree of eccentric fixation and I am trying to practice the shifting method for 30 minutes a day but so far no improvement in this area.
I'm at -6D glasses...

I'm a programmer and spend a lot of time in front of computer needing the glasses. Yesterday I started removing the glasses. instead of using them 24/7 now I start using them 8 hours... and planning to reduce those hours.

what are your meditation hours, what do you do? Afterwards you do the Bathes methods?
Are pinholes effective?
Well done m y friend! Your determination is very amazing :o Big Grin
Keep practicing

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now