MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
blind leading the blind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blind leading the blind
are there any success stories or we people just shooting in darkness...
i am without glasses for 2 months now.. and see no improve ment..
-4 diopters..
i am about to withdraw from this method...as i think it is no longer relevant...
i am sorry if my msg discouraged anyone...
but are you doing the bathes method as well?
no.. plaming never helped me... and other methods i dont understand....
i like sunning........
Me too. I've been practicing more or less for 2 years and had no major success yet.
So far I've been doing Bates since November and have gone from 5/200 to 20/70 eyesight. I started with -8 glasses, and am becoming less and less dependent on glasses, it's really changing my life and I'm keeping a blog of my experiences (link below). In fact, I spend a lot of time maintaining that website just for people like you! When I started the Bates method I had such a hard time finding good information and success stories that I decided I would keep an account of my experience, to either show an account of it not working or an account of it working and how. From what I can tell so far (much reading and my own experience), success with the method isn't just about taking off your glasses. It's about being patient and taking the time to really slow down and learn how to work with your body again to see.

From my personal experience, when my eyes aren't improving that much, I try something new. A new Bates method (David has loads of good writing on this site if Bates's original writing is too difficult to understand), a new relaxation technique, etc. But I also try them long enough that I feel how they change my mind and seeing. I also have taken great lengths to reduce stress in my every day life and to eat healthier. Rereading Bates's writings also helps and reading my visual accuity from a Snellen chart every day also helps.

Most importantly, I believe it will work. for millions of years humans didn't have glasses and they saw just fine. There's no reason that suddenly we as a society should have such crappy eyesight.

Cheers,
Sorrisi
mukesh Wrote:no.. plaming never helped me... and other methods i dont understand....
i like sunning........

From your opening post, it sounds like the only thing you've been doing is going without glasses. It's going to take more than that.

You're going to have to do more than palming and sunning also. It sounds like you haven't done those much either, or you would have mentioned them in the first post. Anyway, both of those are both very passive activities that don't do much to help you learn to use your eyes without strain. They may only prepare you for doing the exercises that actually will help. See the method of the month forum.

If you palm for 1/2 hour each day and practice shifting with the chart for 1/2 hour or more, each day, I think it would be unavoidable to notice some sort of temporary results within a couple weeks, if not on the first day or two. The thing is, I see time and time again that most people refuse to put in that kind of minimal effort consistently.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
mukesh Wrote:are there any success stories or we people just shooting in darkness...
i am without glasses for 2 months now.. and see no improve ment..
-4 diopters..
i am about to withdraw from this method...as i think it is no longer relevant...
i am sorry if my msg discouraged anyone...

Mukesh,

I think we started at the same time two months ago and I have improved quite a bit in this period. I think you must dedicate a good amount of time daily. Just going without glasses wont help and that would only help to retain the present. Are you sure you spend atleast an hour a day on some chosen routines? ( you can vary them everyday if it is boring) Apart from this dedicated period you must be conscious during other periods and must remember to blink and shift. Use every bit of free time to do some consciosus shifting between two objects until this becomes an unconscious habit.

I am spending atleast two hours everyday for your info - one hour for shifting and swinging and one hour for palning. Until you learn to relax, initial progress maybe very slow. Please be patient for atleast six months and dont give up without a great deal of practice.
Dear Mukesh,

I recently heard about the The school for Perfect Eyesight at Aurobindo Ashram located at Pondicherry( near Tamil Nadu). I was told that they taught many vision training methods many of which are very close to the ones taught by Dr.Bates. I also happened to hear a couple of testimonies of people who have recovered near normal vision after being highly myopic for many years. If you are unable to understand the Bates methods yourself it might benefit you to travel to Pondicherry and get direct instruction. I dont know the fees and other details.

I am also planning to take a trip there but at present I dont have time. I plan to take a two month vacation between Sept-Oct exclusively for vision improvement during which I may go to Pondicherry. I am working on the computer anywhere between 9-14 hours a day and this is making my progress difficult as it is difficult to relax the eyes with such long use of the PC especially without glasses. I am sure I would have made more progress but for so much abuse of the eyes. Frequently after an or hour two of continous use of the computer, my vision goes down ( to as low as 5/200) and most of the gains obtained from palming and shifting vanish. Recently, I have learnt to relax my eyes sufficiently fast and manage to bring my vision to the level of 12/200 after just a few minutes after computer use. I think the key to success is patience, perseverance, cheerful attitude and the mental confidence. From what I observe most people do the routines for a few minutes a day and expect results - habitually ingrained bad visual habits dont change overnight. I dont think it works that way except for the few lucky ones. Natural Vision Improvement is hard but I feel anyone determined enough will succeed.
Subject: Checking your visual acuity with a Snellen is essential

Here are the results from -6 diotpers:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sassisailor.wordpress.com/">http://sassisailor.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m -->

This is a partial FIRST STEP.

Resolts vary,

Otis
//// never mind,
Dear RAM
i have heard of a school or a eye rehabilatation centre at mubai..
one of my friend told me about it.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sanjeevan.in">http://www.sanjeevan.in</a><!-- w -->
i also spoke to dr kk GOEL.. who asked me to come down to mumbai for 15 days atleast...
he practises dr BATES METHOD... chk out the site....
thx for ur care...
Dear David
thanks a lot for ur care to reply.
Quote:
From your opening post, it sounds like the only thing you've been doing is going without glasses. It's going to take more than that.

You're going to have to do more than palming and sunning also. It sounds like you haven't done those much either, or you would have mentioned them in the first post
u are right David.. i dont do any other activity.. as i f ound no improvent...
i did palming in the first 2 weeks for 5 mins ... sunning everyday... splashing my eyes with water..
nothing else..
i will try to follow ur path... thanks a lot
Quote:[Violet] accomplished what I have never seen anybody else do. She could read the diamond type with each eye by central fixation so close to her eyes that the page touched her eye lashes. She could read signs farther off than any person I ever knew.
With the wonderful improvement in her sight came an increased mental efficiency. Her memory was unusual. She could read perfectly a page of history and because she saw it perfectly she was able to remember it perfectly. As a consequence her scholarship became very good indeed. Formerly she was at the foot of her class; afterwards she was at the head. She astonished her teacher with the quickness of her perceptions, her ability to understand. Formerly when her sight was poor she was a very unhappy, depressed person; later she was full of life and action and seemed to enjoy life to the utmost.
One day she met one of my patients on the street. "How are you getting along?" she asked. The patient answered gloomily, "Not as well as I would like. How are you?"
"Oh, I am all right. I am cured and I am very glad and happy over it. How much do you practice and how often do you go to see the Doctor?"
"Oh, I practice once in a while, half an hour or so a day when I think of it and I call on the Doctor about once a week."
Then Violet exclaimed, "Oh how foolish, that isn't the way I did it. I wanted to get well and I wanted to get well quick and I did just exactly what the Doctor told me to do and the more I practiced the more I improved. I found it was a good thing to do what he said, so I did it. When he told me to remember a period all day long I did it. He told me to do a whole lot of other things and some of them seemed hard, difficult, but when I found I could do them they seemed easier to do and I am glad of it."
When the patient told me of the meeting with Violet he asked me why she improved so much more than he had improved. I asked him, "Did you follow my instructions as enthusiastically as Violet did? Was there any reason, any real reason why you could not do it?" "No," he answered, "There was no reason why I should not have practiced as faithfully as Violet, but my eyes are so bad that it is difficult for me to do the right thing although you repeatedly had me demonstrate that to do the wrong thing was a strain, an effort, and required hard work and made me uncomfortable. When I did the right thing it was easier and I felt more comfortable."
This patient after his meeting and talk with Violet came to the office more frequently, practiced more continuously and made surprising progress. In a few weeks he went back to his former state of mind, and did not do so well. I have always thought if he could have had Violet with him most of the time or could have seen her daily he would have done much better. Most of my patients always do better when they have someone with perfect sight to encourage them by their example or advice. -- July 1922 (BEM)
mukesh Wrote:Dear RAM
i have heard of a school or a eye rehabilatation centre at mubai..
one of my friend told me about it.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sanjeevan.in">http://www.sanjeevan.in</a><!-- m -->
i also spoke to dr kk GOEL.. who asked me to come down to mumbai for 15 days atleast...
he practises dr BATES METHOD... chk out the site....
thx for ur care...

Thanks for the site Mukesh. I will check it out. Mumbai is far too away from my place...it is a 36 hour train journey.

But the problem is that the internet is often so full of junk that it is difficult to judge where the truth lies. People call themselves Bates teachers but when you go near them they turn out only to be money swindlers. The real thing is that Bates methods are simple to do, darn simple that you dont really need a teacher. It does not involve any complex thing yet it is hard to understand and practce it rightly. That is why a person who has actually improved his own vision is a better teacher than some other well educated Bates person without the experience of improving his own vision. The first qualification I would expect of a good Bates teacher would be a person who succeeded in improving his own eyesight from say 20/200 to normal or better.

Another issue with NVI is the repeated tendency for our efforts to cancel out. We take all the effort and notice some improvment but suddenly notice that we are back to square one. This week my vision has not been doing well for some unknown reason and I am not getting any benefit from any exercise. So I decided to forget about my eyes for a week and then try again. From what I understand, the strain that made us myopic in the first place is ever on lookout for some weakness to exploit - it rears its ugly head at the slightest provocation. This is probably why these methods do not work for most people. You need a lot of patience and will power to pull it off unless you are very lucky. You will benefit by seeking help from the divine power and much of the inner mechanisms of vision are still not understood properly and it is always going to be tricky. From the experience of people who have undergone the Bates process successfully, there are frequent ups and dowms but the important point is that it takes lesser and lesser time to recover from every downhill if you maintain regular practice. NVI will become a well established technique that benefits all only when the mainstream takes it seriously and a lot of research dollars spent on it. Dr.Bates said that at first it took him considerable time to cure patients but with experience the time factor reduced. He predicated that the day would come when it would be possible to cure anyone fast but this is possible only by knowing how exactly these techniques work internally. The role of mind in vision and other sense perceptions remain a poorly understood science. Mainstream Opthalmology is not wrong everywhere but their techniques of treating myopia and other defects are not good enough - fitting glasses on a child is a bad thing. How we wish we were not fitted with glasses as a kid and instead taught better eye habits. When NVI makes it mainstream Bates methods will get much better refinement due to the involvement of many people. If one man can contribute so much, then we can expect much better from the rest combined. Till then NVI will remain attainable only to the lucky few and those who strive hard for it with right knowledge.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download