MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hello! and my progress...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! and my progress...
Hello! I'm new in this forum and I practice faithfully the Bates method everyday.
My native language is french, not english and I'm 17 years old.

I practice since May and I found that this website is very useful to me.
At start, my vision was 10/30 and now my vision is 10/20.
After doing palming while listening to music during about 20 minutes, I can now get 10/15 and some letters on the 10 line. For the moment, I removed about 200 tons of eyestrain and I have not finished!
I also have moments of clear vision more and more often.

When I got glasses one year ago, it was mostly for relieving some eyestrain. I don't really care about the visual acuity but eyestrain caused me headache and sometimes dizziness. I used to wear them about 1-2 hours by day, only when it was necessary the see on the blackboard or with the overhead projector at school.

Since I always hated those ''two window in front of me'' , the Bates method seems very good for me!
I have a small(very big) problem for the moment. It's that I'm now conscious of my eyestrain that was removed from my consciousness in the past. It's painful. I now need to palm 4-5 times a day for 2-3 minutes plus my big palming.

I discovered that I strained more at night than the day! So, I also have to palm before going to bed and the morning. A very important improvement that I have for the moment is that I can go outdoor without having the eyes semi-closed for 10 minutes because of the sun. I do a little bit of sunning and I'm now happy to freely look at the sun.

I have a question. Since I live in Quebec, Canada, how much acuity is needed for the visual test for driving without glasses. I readed in the forum that it's 20/40 but I would like to know if it's a standard or if it differ from places to places.

So, if you have some question, answers, comments, encouragement or anything else I would be very happy. Good luck to everybody here!

Have a nice day!
The legal standard for driving will vary. You'd have to find out from where you live.

In the US, the standard is defined in 50 slightly different ways, depending on which state you're in. Gotta love beaurocracy.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dear Alex,

Here are the explicit values required for these DMV level tests.

They range from 20/70 (Florida), to 20/60, to 20/50 (Texas) to 20/40 (both
eyes open, for most of the rest of the States. Here are the facts.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm">http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm</a><!-- m -->

But be cautious.

I suspect that these DMV people don't test for the published standards.

They test for 20/20.

That is why it is important that you check your Snellen yourself.

But if the DMV is not testing to their legal standard, then you
will be forced to get a minus lens to drive the car -- regardless
of what YOU show with your own testing.

You MUST be legal.

Otis
I lived in Texas seven years ago. I remember the standard there to be 20/50. But during the test the officer was usually very lineant and allowed even 20/70( and even lower) to pass through. I used a weaker glasses ( just 20/60) and was allowed to get through. Here in India where I live now there is no legal requirement for vision. I drive comfortably with 20/100 glasses and never had a single accident in many years.
Thank you for the information but does somebody here felt pain in the eyes frequently because now you are conscious of the strain? Am I alone?
I always feel some pressure in my right eye. Like it's swollen.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now