MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Getting some promising improvement.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting some promising improvement.
Well, I've been off and on the Bates' method for over 2 years now. I would consistently have the motivation to keep trying, and then it would go within a month. Now, after finally fed up with it, I've been keeping a consistent effort for over 2 months now. For the first month, and half of the second, I was trying to interpret the exercises. Then only a few weeks ago, I realized my entire approach has been wrong, and I really discovered the meaning of central fixation, and palming, both exercises I have not been doing as often. I believe that each person has a different exercise, or exercise that helps them. If it produces results, without strain, then keep at it.

My breakthrough in palming only came a couple weeks ago, and I fully understand now the blackness I need to see. I had not realized all of my vision when I palm, has been mostly small, faint colors that I've been straining when looking at. Now when I palm, I combine the efforts with central fixation. I fixate on the black, and I try to let go enough to clear up a larger black center of vision each time I palm. I palm about twice a day, before I go to bed, and immediately after waking. I palm as long as I feel comfortable. When I get tired of palming, I call it a night, and a good session.

Today, while I was driving, I decided to work on my central fixation. I noticed that when I fixated correctly, my entire field of vision would change to a clear flash. No blinking produced it, and no strain was involved. It was a very smooth transition, and it happened very often, like maybe 5-6 times in a row. When I went inside it pretty much stopped, but I distinctly remember a slight ache in my eye, like muscles being used that haven't been used before.

My overall vision is slowly improving, but I think I am on the right path now. If I consistently have experiences like I had today, I may even be cured within the month. So wish me luck!
Good luck Ben! It's encouraging to read posts like yours of someone trying to keep motivated with the methods and then have some success after really giving a go.

I find that palming before sleep and after waking up is a good time to do it too. At the moment I'm palming during the day too, but I know on busy days and days and when I'm at work that first thing in the morning and last thing at night are the two times I can always keep it part of a routine. I feel that I'm too early into the process to know what techniques will be of the most benefit to me (my understanding grows the more I try things out), but keeping central fixation in mind does seem to be beneficial! What other techniques are helping you?
Swinging has helped me as well, but not to the extent as central fixation or palming has.
your story sounds like mine. I'd go hard for a month, then a flatline...until I remembered it again. I've been unnaturally focused on resolving this problem lately though, and like you am starting to understand what was meant by Bates.

part of my problem was that I latched onto the concept of imagination, and just expected an insta-cure. the body doesn't work in that manner though, to my great dismay.

all those struggling should take heart from your posts. it won't come easy, but done by daily, without fail, it will come. there have even been guys out there who didn't get their vision cleared until 15 years of practice!

Quote:When I went inside it pretty much stopped, but I distinctly remember a slight ache in my eye, like muscles being used that haven't been used before.
yes. we are keeping our own progress down. these muscles (obliques for us myopes) have been laden down with strain for years...it is known that correct practice will eventually vibrate the pain away.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now