MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bates is about exercises, but its also not

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates is about exercises, but its also not
Hopefully this provides insight on the "exercises" we probably do.

Bates is about exercises.  Why else would we swing, shift, palm, etc. etc.  But remember the goal of these exercises: good vision habits.  Bates encourages us to perform exercises to relax us because they lead us to the proper vision habits.  When we practice, we (hopefully) end up with shifting and swinging re-ingrained into our vision habits.  That was always Bates' goal, good vision habits, and we arrive there by practicing them.

So it is about exercises, but its really about good habits.
agrd
This reminds me of the question, "How long will it take to improve my eyesight?" It's like asking, "How long will it take for me to quit smoking?" or "How long will it take for me to stop beating my wife?". It all has to do with learning how to stop what you're already doing, which might include learning what's driving you to do what you do.

Same thing with "Will I have to keep doing the exercises when I achieve perfect sight?" Well, smokers who quit have to keep not smoking, and former wife-beaters have to not beat their wives. And if they start to fall into their old patterns, they need to again practice the things that got them out of the habit.

Sorry for any smokers - I don't mean to put you in the same category as wife-beaters. Unless you blow smoke in an area where non-smokers have to walk through, or drop your cigarettes on the ground. Or get in my car afterwards and stink it up. Smile

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download