MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Show me... please.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show me... please.
Hello everyone,

My name is Joe. I am a new member who found this site most recently. I have been diagnosed with myopia since my primary school years. But I have always hated my glasses. I hated that I had to wear them to see properly. They were a bother, they got in the way, they got wet when it rained, I had to take them off before showering or going to bed, it was horrible if I lost them, I had to get new ones every year, the list of problems that I saw with glasses just goes on and on! And don't even mention contacts... I won't touch them.

As I said, I found this site through doing a few google searches... and I am astounded by its claims, and the claims that Bates made! He claims that by discarding glasses and "relaxing", "relearning" to see correctly, one can fix almost all eyesight problems. This is an astounding claim, and very very encouraging. It brings a ray of hope into my heart, which harbors so much hatred for corrective lenses.

But you must understand, I am also a man of science. And to a man of science, Bates' claims look ridiculous. They go against all knowledge of the eye and how the visual system works. To believe them, I almost would have to consider all eye doctors as deluded. Am I to believe that every single person on this world with some visual problem has some kind of mental problem, or is stressed out? To any dispassionate observer, Bates' claims are very very hard to believe. I would love to believe these claims, but I will not grasp at straws of false hope. It must be shown to me that these claims are real.

As I said, I am a man of science. I am open to experimentation. I am willing to take a challenge. I am willing to try out Bates' methods, and see what kind of effects they have on my own vision. In this way, I will see for myself whether Bates was crazy or he was correct after all.

I need your help. I need your guidance on how to start. Do you suggest I read Bates' book? Should I choose and employ a method of relaxation that he suggested, such as palming? How can I prove to myself that Bates' method can improve my vision?

Previous results of others can help me too. Does anyone have any numbers? For example, if someone on this forum were to tell me that he improved his own vision from 20/200 to 20/40 or even 20/30 or 20/20, that would bolster my confidence in this method. Statements such as "Hey my vision improved! I think..." do not help. Concrete solid numbers do.

One could almost say I am desperate to improve my vision, but even so, if the Bates method is quackery, I will not be taken in by it. I want to be sure it is real and that it produces real results before I work with this.

Any help you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
First, i would suggest to read the topics on "Success Stories". Some of these people are who have completely cured their vision, or even better, going beyond into 20/10s and so on. Then, read the Bates Book and try out the exercises. But remember, the key is relaxation. Don't expect instant results. In my case, i have been doin this for few months and although i cannot see a improvement i believe u only improve from the bates method when you've completely understood the Method.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! O0
Dear Joe,

Subject: The contradiction in "medicine".

Re: Separating SCIENCE from "medicine".

I will not "argue" about some of these issues. I do say this -- Dr. Bate's 1913 study was headed in the
right direction (Snellen clearing from 20/70 towards normal) was moving in the correct direction -- and
then the powers-that-be (because of their bias) SHUT THE STUDY DOWN by removing the Snellens
from the class room. That is NOT SCIENCE. Only intense bias and intellectual blindness could
do that. To my knowledge, that is the ONLY study that aimed at "self empowerment" of the
person for true prevention. Today we still face hostility towards preventive work, with
Bates and other methods.

Joe> But you must understand, I am also a man of science.

Otis> So am I. But I am not a man "of medicine". There is a big difference.

Joe> And to a man of science, Bates' claims look ridiculous.

Otis> Initially. But I would stick on what he ATTEMPTED, not so much on what he "claimed". There is
a big difference there also.

Joe> They go against all knowledge of the eye and how the visual system works.

Otis> This is NOT TRUE -- provided you understand the intense bias of a person in an
office. Science does indeed show that an over-prescribed minus, while quick-fixing
in five minutes, can only exacerbate the original "problem".

Joe> To believe them, I almost would have to consider all eye doctors as deluded.

Otis> Believe WHO? There are second-opinion ODs who now support these
preventive measures. Do not consider them ALL THE SAME. That is
always a mistake.

Joe> Am I to believe that every single person on this world with some visual problem has some kind of mental problem, or is stressed out?

Otis> Of course not. Just do not jump to conclusions.

Joe> To any dispassionate observer, Bates' claims are very very hard to believe.

Otis> Which claims? I would agree that SOME people make "claims" that are
excessive -- but we should stick with his 1913 study as a reference as to
what is reasonably possible.

Joe> I would love to believe these claims, but I will not grasp at straws of false hope.

Otis> I judge it exactly that way.

Joe> It must be shown to me that these claims are real.

Otis> Look at OTHER researchers. There were other people (similar to Bates)
who argued FOR preventive measures.

As I said, I am a man of science. I am open to experimentation.

Otis> The critical experiments that confirm the effect of a strong minus
on the eye's refractive STATE -- developed long after Dr. Bates
was dead. As a man of science -- I would examine those OBJECTIVE
experiments before you condemn Bates as being "mistaken" about
the this issue of the eye's behavior.

Joe> I am willing to take a challenge. I am willing to try out Bates' methods, and see what kind of effects they have on my own vision.

Otis> Good. But before you jump into this issue -- do a lot more research.

In this way, I will see for myself whether Bates was crazy or he was correct after all.

Otis> Then start by:

1. Reading your Snellen (as Bates insisted), and

2. Report your current prescription.

Enjoy,

Otis
Thank you for your reply, Harold.

I will do just that - I will look at the Success Stories. Reading these stories and seeing others' improvements can serve as evidence for me that this method might work.

However, I am disheartened when you say "although i cannot see a improvement i believe u only improve from the bates method when you've completely understood the Method" because that means in your case, Bates is not helping. When something appears to not improve my vision, the only choice I can have is to accept that it does not improve my vision at all. I cannot say "Well I think this MIGHT work if only I work harder at it and work to understand the Bates Method!" I do not work on faith.

At any rate, I will give the Success Stories a try, and also take a look at the books Dave has offered on his site.
Quote:But you must understand, I am also a man of science. And to a man of science, Bates' claims look ridiculous. They go against all knowledge of the eye and how the visual system works. To believe them, I almost would have to consider all eye doctors as deluded.

Sometimes the majority is plain wrong and this is one of those instances. I wasted several years in my life due to these deluded majority opinion and it got me close to getting blind.

Could we say that Microsoft windows customers are not deluded just because they are a majority? There are many better operating systens than windows many of which are lesser known or we dont even hear about. Yet we continue to use the buggy windows ( ok ok it is a bit better these days) because we have no choice. Most eye patients get no better counsel than their doctors who have their own set of preconcieved notions and dogmas and certainly delude themselves by falling a prey to the minus lenses. It takes a while to realize that your vision has gone down to a level where you can no longer live without glasses. The result is catastrophic - wearing glasses all the while leads to progressive myopia in many people yet the mainstream still does not recognize the dangers of putting on glasses. There is much at stake - it is called vitamin M.

Quote:Am I to believe that every single person on this world with some visual problem has some kind of mental problem, or is stressed out? To any dispassionate observer, Bates' claims are very very hard to believe. I would love to believe these claims, but I will not grasp at straws of false hope. It must be shown to me that these claims are real.

It is not right to say that Bates identified 'mental problem' or 'stress' as the cause of myopia. Myopia is really not much related to the stress of day to day life, but is more subtle than that. It just happens that at some point of time you develop some unusual eye habits( even healthy eyes do not always see well) that create subconscious impressions on the mind and such a thing somehow becomes chronic - it cannot be called a 'mental problem' in its conventional sense. This is an example of how one may get myopia. A child may get myopia on looking at unfamiliar objects, and may strain himself and get temporarily myopic. It needs no treatment but in our culture we immediately put on glasses thus making this myopia permanent. Over a period of time we wear thick glasses only because we were not well informed of the eyes. When the child just needed to be taught good vision habits we destroyed his sight by putting artificial aids on his eyes which always disturb visual relaxation. So the 'mental problem' is more of acquired nature due to the use of glasses in most cases. Bates wanted to nip this in the bud by having the kids read their Snellen everyday( which will eliminate the temporary myopia described above) but then he was sidelined even without adequate investigation into his claims.

Note that I dont say that all myopes are curable or all myopia developed in such a simple manner. In some cases there maybe genuine organic defect in the eye and those maybe incurable. But Bates has been ignored by the majority without even giving the method a fair chance at a clinical trial. It is not easy to test the method like testing a patient's vision with glasses. They must be practised for many months correctly to yield results. How many such trials were conducted by the mainstream? How can you dismiss its validity without proper empirical data?
Hi everybody, I am not new to Bates method and not new to blindness.org. In fact I have been here for 3 months but I just be too lazy to make an account.

when I read joe_ggm_915's question, I decide that I should make an account to reply to him.

HI joe_ggm_915, if you need an real life example of a person that improve his eye sight from 20/200 to 20/40, you have just found him. It's me Smile And ofcouse, I follow Bates Method to improve my eye sight.

Some background information about me. I am myopic. I got myopia when I was 14 years old. Now I am 24 years old. That means 10 year of being myopic. MY eye desciptions for both eyes were -2 DIOP in May 2008. I measure my eyes were 20/200 at that time. Now after 3 months apply Bates method to my life and spend A LOT OF TIME working with my Snellen test Card EVERYDAYS ( at least 2 hours everydays) I have improve my eye sight from 20/200 to 20/40. But its not my goal, I want to improve my eye sight to 20/10, and I know I CAN do that for sure. Why I am so confident? Because after spending countless time follow Bates Method, I have found out that all of those mothods, excersies have ONLY ONE PURPOSE: improve the ability of central Fixation of your eyes. The stronger this ability, the better your eyes can see. Your eyes must have the ability of central fixation ALL DAY LONG with out being tired. When you move your eyes from one point to another point, your eyes have to change the point of central fixation. When you blinks, your eye have to change the point of central fixation. Your eyes keep moving and blinking all day long, so I must have the ability of doing central fixation all day long. With myopia (in my case), your eyes can't see distant objects. Those distant object are blurry so it's hard to do central fixation the right way. But when you improve your eyes to the level of 20/40 as me now, you can do central fixation easily and I have clear falsh plenty of times everyday. And crazily, my eyes now getting better everyday.

I think that I will get my eyes to the point of 20/20 in 2 months from now. And I will keep working to improve my eyes to 20/10 because from my experience, if I can recognize 20/10 characters, my eyes can see easily at 20/15 level without any effort Smile You just need to set your goal a little higher to reach your goal Big Grin

I hope that will help.

And something that I want to tell you about Dr Bate. Believe me, DR Bates was GENIUS. At first, I think that I know it all after reading his magazine. But the longer I follow his method, the more I understand that how stupid I am Big Grin He was definitely a GENIUS. but the only one problem it's his methods take time, consistent efforts to get result. And I know for sure that most people don't have enough patience and efforts, they go back to their glasses and live their remain life with those glasses.

Some experience I want to share with you:

+ First: spend 1 week reading Bates book. Don't rush. Don't think that you will understand all the thing in one day. Those 1 week will give you some basic understanding about Bates method, and it will help you later when you apply those methods, exercises to your daily life.

+ Get rid of your glasses as much as you can. In my case, I have nerve ever worn them since May/2008.

+ Spend as much time as you can watching snellen test card. I nmy case I spend average 2 hours a day, some day I spend up to 3 hours. Note: I work at home so It's my advantage. If you have a 9-5 jobs, you may spend less time. But you must find time to practice this excercise. It's essential.

+ At first, don't sit 20 feet away from the test card and hope that you can see something. My advice it's you start sitting near the card so that you can see something. Then increase the distant between you and the card every week. In my case, first I sit very near the card, 50 cm from the card. Then I increase to 60, 70, 80,90, 100,140,180,220 cm. Now I sit 4 meters and can see nearly 20/20 at this distant.

+ If you spend a lot of time with computer as me, apply the above advice to your computer working routine. First, I put my monitor 30 centime away. After one week, I can see better at this distant, I put the monitor farther, about 40 centimes. then 50, 60, 70, 80. Now I put the monitor 1 meters from me and can work normally. Since I spend 8 hours working on comupter, this activity have improve my eye sight very much. The monitor works as a snellen test card in this case. But I can't put the monitor further. So for the distant above 1 meter, You must use the snellen test card.

+ When you first start, you may experience A LOT OF PAIN ON YOUR NECK, especially when working on computer. It took me FULL FIRST WEEK to get rid of those pains. When it's over, you feel that your eyes are much more better and comfortable.

+ Some day your eyes sight is worse than previous day. But don't worry, It is just a down time. Your eyes will become much better in the next day. It happened to me a lot of times.

+ At first, your eye sight will improve slowly, But the longer you practice, the better your eyes become and the FASTER it improve.

+ Night vision will improve more slowly then day vision.

+ try to watch snellen test card in both day light and indoor light. In my case, Practice in indoor light will help night vision much better.

Hope that will help Wink

Sorry for my bad English, it took me 1 hour to write this reply Smile

I will write a success story when I get 20/20 vision. I know that I will reach that point soon!

Good luck to every body.

And I want to say thank you to David for setting a great board to help people with eye problem like us! Wink
wow thanks now i too, know a little more about bates Method. ALso, i see that u increase ur distance away from snellen each week, which is wot i do too =)
Actually I find that long distance Snellen is very useful to me. Here is why.

Normally, the Snellen chart is to be read from a distance where you can see atleast a few lines clearly. The objective with this practice is to see the clear letters more blacker and to resolve more lines in the process. When a permanent gain is obtained, we move further away and repeat the practice.

Currently in room lighting I can just see the 200 line from 20 feet provided I have not used the computer for a while. I can see the 100 line but cannot read them. The 70 line is visible as a very faint hazy grey line and completely unrecognizable. Strangely enough I see the 70 line displaced from where it actually is - this is what Bates refers to as mental illlusions and simply impossible in a camera like defocus. Below it I dont see anything, not even the presence of any letters. The total invisibility of letters is actually a great benefit to the eye because the eye strains only when it sees a form. I do shifting on the Snellen from 20 feet on those lines which are completely invisible. I imagine the letters are there and pretend to move from letter to letter though nothing is visible. After a while I begin to see the presence of letters beneath the 70 line ( during this process the 200 line gets darker and the 100 line comes and goes in flashes). If I do this continuosly for 15 min, I can hold onto the 100 line for a few seconds although it ultimately disappears. Very occasionally I can have a small glimpse of the 70 line too. But if I try shifting on lines that I can read - my vision immediately goes down as the seeing of the blur immediately sends the eye cartwheeling into its regular poor habits of staring. Whenever I have a chance to see a bit clearly I think my eyes start to strain again because it sees something and no strain when it sees nothing.

I think you should not practice on letters that are highly blurred. Either stand close to the chart where you see somewhat clearly or go far back that you see little. The long distance is extremely useful as well.
ho_from_vietnam - Your experience is amazing and will be a morale booster for the rest of us...

Your goals are fantastic - 20/10.

My original goal was 20/200 ( coz I started at abt 6/200) and have reached there. Now I have set the next goal at 20/70 and working on it about 90 min per day. Once I reach there I will set new goals. Let us see how far it goes. This is an amazing journey where you really learn a lot and some of those change your very personality. Unfortunately, most myopes still languish in darkness behind those awful glasses.
Ram: About your Microsoft analogy, actually I dual-boot between Ubuntu and Windows, so I do not HAVE to use Microsoft's software. Heh.

And thank you for your clarification. So it is about how the eyes are being used. I think I have read somewhere that vision is a very mental process (Because the brain needs to flilp the image over in our heads), but perhaps when we factor Bates' assertions into this, it is even more mental than I had previously thought...

Otis:

Left 3.00 sphere, 1.50 cylinder
Right 3.50 sphere, 1.50 cylinder

ho_from_vietnam,

Thank you for sharing your experiences specifically in response to me. Through your story and others that I have read on the Success Stories forum, I am open to the possibility that Bates could be right and that eye doctors for the past hundred years could be wrong. I will give this method a try, and will visit this forum for questions I have during the process, or to share any progress I might make.

Here is a little bit of information about my situation... when I said "man of science", the man was more figurative, because I am still a student, so some of my daytime hours are occupied by school. However, I will make time to read the Snellen chart. I will also not wear my glasses unless I absolutely need to see something in school, or when I am driving (I am legally required to have corrective lenses while driving).

I use the computer for a lot of stuff (it comes naturally from studying computer science, plus a lot of schoolwork done on the computer, etc.) but I will also increase the distance between the monitor and my eyes and see how that goes.

To everyone,

One question I got while thinking about this... how do you "use" the Snellen chart? What are you supposed to do with it?
There are many things you can to with the snellen to try imptove vision. But remember, everyone has their own style by which means that different people benefit more from specific type of exercises than others. So u need to first expriement which different exercises to see which is best for you to get relaxation and clear flashes Smile
Things u can do-

1) Shifting -http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...p?f=5&t=48 And also, try clarknights website http://cleareyesight.info/id25.html

2) By just reading and looking at the snellen every day for few minutes, it helps improve vision =) --- read this for more info : http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...f=1&t=1104

3) also try this - (not my writing lol)

Eye Exercise Five - Tai Chi Rocker Eye Technique--An Amazing Discovery (To Improve Close and Distant Vision)
If all the time you have is five or ten minutes, the Tai Chi Rocker Eye Technique will give your eyes a thorough workout and strengthen your eye focusing muscles. While studying and practicing Chi Kung and Tai Chi exercises, I made an amazing discovery--a new way to improve the eyesight with a Chi Kung movement called the "Tai Chi Rocker" Exercise. It is an invaluable eye exercise to improve both the close and distant vision. Tai Chi Rocker relaxes the eyes, strengthens the focusing muscles, centers and grounds the mind, body and spirit. Practice this exercise for five to ten minutes, two or three times a week. Place the Snellen Eye Chart on the wall at eye level. Shine a bright light on the chart to prevent eye strain. Stand two or three feet away from the chart. Place your right foot six inches in front of the left. Gaze at one of the letters on the chart that you can see easily. To start, begin to rock back and forth. When rocking backward the front right foot comes up and the back foot stays flat on the ground. While rocking forward, the back of the left foot raises upward, while the front right foot stays on the ground. Rock back and forth for one or two minutes. Relax, and allow the letter on the chart to become clear in your vision. Distant vision improves by seeing the letter clearer as you move backward, away from the chart. Close vision improves as you move forward, toward the chest. For close vision improvement only, rock within 2 feet of the chart; do not move further back. To improve your distant vision, you can move back as far as you can see the letters on the chart--five to sixty feet away. Next, switch the position of your feet. Place your left foot forward and the right foot behind you. Practice the "rocking" movement for one to two minutes.

Every two to three minutes close your eyes and relax your body. Feel your eyes becoming softer and more relaxed. Also, remember the black "letter" clearly in your mind. For best results, close your eyes and place both palms over eyes for fifteen seconds (see "palming technique" Eye Exercise Seven).

Vital Points to Remember While Performing - The Tai Chi Rocker Technique
Point l: To improve close vision, rock toward the chart and stop rocking forward as soon as the letter on the chart starts to blur, then rock back.
Point 2: To improve distant vision, move further away from the chart. Imagine "pulling" the letters out of the eye chart as you rock backward. As you rock forward, notice the "letter" becoming more clear.
Point 3: Remember to perform the "Palming Technique" every two minutes; try to soften and relax your eyes and mind.
Point 4: Shine a bright light on the eye chart to prevent eye strain. Or perform the eye exercises in the outdoor natural light.
Point 5: Focus on the eye chart letters with a soft, relaxed look.
Point 6: Never hold your breath--breathe deeply and gently.
Point 7: Practice with one eye at a time. Place palm over one eye while both eyes are open--this enables both eyes to work together. Finally, practice with both eyes together. Perform Yoga stretching movements after performing the Tai Chi Rocker Eye Technique. Reach for the sky with both hands, then one hand at a time. Bend over and touch your toes. Stretch backward and to the sides. Roll your neck slowly in circles. Stretching releases tension, improves blood and nerve circulation to the eyes.

and also, this

Eye Exercise Six - Stretch Your Vision - Distant Vision Strengthening Exercise
(To Improve Nearsightedness--Myopia)
This eye exercise was taught during the 1940s in Michigan, by two optometrists, Drs. Ross and Rhymer. "Stretch Your Vision" is extremely valuable in extending the limits of your distant vision, especially for myopic vision (nearsightedness). Practice "Stretch Your Vision" at least 15 to 30 minutes each session, two or three times a week.
Step 1: Stand straight and select one of the "letters" on the chart
Step 2: Trace your chosen "letter in your mind, then close your eyes for a few seconds. Relax your hands, shoulders, eyes, legs, neck etc.
Step 3: Open your eyes and look at the letter again. Next, place both palms over eyes and "Palm" while visualizing the "letter" in your mind for 15 seconds.
Step 4: Open your eyes with a deep inhalation and exhalation of breath, noting the "letter" becoming blacker.
Step 5: While looking at the "letter", begin swaying slowly from side to side. While you continue to sway, move s-l-o-w-l-y away from the chart, taking very short backward steps. Breathe naturally and allow the print to come in clearly. When you reach the point where the print becomes indistinct or unreadable, STOP! At this point, bend forward at the waist, continuing to sway, and again read the "letter". Now, resume your short backward steps. Again, even though you lean far forward, you will reach the point at which the printed letters are no longer legible. When this occurs, straighten up, move close to the chart and repeat the exercise on the next smaller line, following the above instructions. Repeat each line until you reach the bottom line of the chart. It is important to relax the entire body while performing this exercise. Mentally and physically feel your shoulders, neck, face, eye, arms and hands relax. Let go of your jaw muscles and let them drop. Let your eyes become soft and calm.

And maybe this too - lol

Eye Exercise Seven - Test Card Eye Exercise (To Improve Close and Distant Vision)
Dr. Bates recommended this eye exercise to help strengthen ones' distant and close vision: It can be performed during your regular routine, or during spare moments throughout the day. It is also a great eye exercise for those who have already achieved good eyesight, and want to maintain their excellent vision.
Close Vision Exercise - Stand two feet away from the Snellen Eye Chart
Step 1: Look at the top Eye Chart Letter 'A'-trace it with your eyes or nose.
Step 2: Close eyes for five seconds. Relax eyes and open a gentle breath, and notice the letter 'A' looking blacker and clearer.
Step 3: Palm eyes for twenty seconds. Open eyes with a gentle breathe, and notice the letter blacker and clearer.
Step 4: Look at the next line 'C' 'G' on the Eye Chart. Repeat the above sequence.

Distant Vision Exercise
Stand three feet away from the Snellen Eye Chart 1.
Step 1: Look at letter 'A' at the top of the Eye Chart-now trace letter 'A'
Step 2: Close your eyes for five seconds. Next, open your eyes with a gentle breath, and notice the letter 'A' gets blacker and clearer.
Step 3: Palm your eyes for twenty seconds. Next, open eyes with a gentle breath, and notice the 'A' blacker and clearer.
Step 4: Look at the next line 'C' 'G' on the Eye Chart. Repeat the above sequence.

Hope these exercises help and remember, practise consistently Smile

Oh by the way , i forgot.

4) Last but not least ,

Blank Wall Gazing

http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...a&start=15 <----- at the bottom
and http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...a&start=30 <------- extra INfo

O0 O0 O0
Harold08
Thanks for suggesting cleareyesight.info to the person that needs vision improvement.
I have been down lately because I got banned from posting my web site on one of the Bates yahoo forums for people that are asking for vision improvment help.
They say that giving a web site link to readers is spamming.
cleareyesight.info got in about 30 more diagrams and methods (natural), mostly picture form of things Bates describes in Better Eyesight Magazines I bought from David, Bates Method Store.
Will keep posting for free.
I learn a lot from this forum and will try to put some things you guys teach into pictures.
For Ho:

I am IMPRESSED! 20/200 to PASS the STANDARD DMV SNELLEN. In ths "States" that runs
from 20/70 (Florida), 20/60 (Georgia), 20/50 (Texas), to 20/40 (Both eyes open),
or 3/4 inch letters at 20 feet. You are successful, in less than a year.

David should post you statement under "Success Stories".

Also you were WISE to stick with the Snellen (and ignore the prescription).

I have seen consistent over-prescriptions of from -1 to -2 diopters - as
a habit.

============

For Joe:

Joe> One question I got while thinking about this... how do you "use" the Snellen chart? What are you supposed to do with it?

Otis> From my statement to Ho. It is the Snellen you must pass. Your prescription is often
excessive. (Your -3 diopters).

Otis> So if you wish to continue, now read your Snellen at 20 feet. (David has them for
free I believe, or can give you a reference to them.)

Otis> Your -3 will mean (as a guess) that you Snellen will be about 20/200 (in room conditions)
and perhaps 20/150 in sunlight.

Otis> By working with the Snellen (as Ho did) you see the results yourself. That seems
to be the only way people are convinced they are successful.

Best,

Otis
joe_ggm_915 Wrote:Ram: About your Microsoft analogy, actually I dual-boot between Ubuntu and Windows, so I do not HAVE to use Microsoft's software. Heh.

And thank you for your clarification. So it is about how the eyes are being used. I think I have read somewhere that vision is a very mental process (Because the brain needs to flilp the image over in our heads), but perhaps when we factor Bates' assertions into this, it is even more mental than I had previously thought...

Yeah, imagination=vision. Even those with very poor vision can see well if they have this faculty going somehow. Although it a catch-22. It is difficult to imagine well if you had poor vision for a long time. You cannot imagine by force - you either have it or not.

So you resort to other ways to restore this imagination without trying to force it. The best approach is in resting the eyes somehow which creates conditions favourable for imagination. All Bates methods are intended at resting those eyes and different methods work well initially for diff people. After a while all methods become easier as vision begins to improve. If you master any one technique that alone might be sufficient.

It needs a couple or more months of regular practice to really understand how the methods work unless you are lucky. You must experiment with methods to see which works best for you. Once you understand how they work you can easily produce flashes of improved vision. Once you reach this stage it could be easy from there - because these moments of improved vision will enable you to imagine better and better.
clarknight Wrote:Harold08
Thanks for suggesting cleareyesight.info to the person that needs vision improvement.
I have been down lately because I got banned from posting my web site on one of the Bates yahoo forums for people that are asking for vision improvment help.
They say that giving a web site link to readers is spamming.
cleareyesight.info got in about 30 more diagrams and methods (natural), mostly picture form of things Bates describes in Better Eyesight Magazines I bought from David, Bates Method Store.
Will keep posting for free.
I learn a lot from this forum and will try to put some things you guys teach into pictures.

I think as a general rule posting links to oneself is considered a spam on many sites. However a signature is generally allowed. If the site owners classify it as spam it is their way and you have to follow the rules.

If you wish to have your website accessible to many people you might consider submitting it on search engines or design your site in a search engine friendly way. I did not find this site through any person but only through a search engine. You dont really have to adverstise door to door these days, it is much easier.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now