MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Get pins and needles tingly feeling in hands from palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get pins and needles tingly feeling in hands from palming
Am i doing something wrong ?? I get a tingly numb feeling in my hands from doing the palming. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong and how to improve my technique to stop this from happening.
Stiff neck muscles, stiff vertabrae in neck, incorrect posture causing pressure on nerves, blood vessels in neck, upper body into arms, hands.
What is your age?
This can be temporary as body goes through natural changes at certain ages.
Physical therapy helps.
Do you have bycycle machine for hands?
Pedal forward and backward, machine at shoulder level.
When palming;
Let the shoulders relax, drop down.
Neck, head straight, elbows supported on a pillow.
Let the neck move alittle.
Teeth slightly apart, jaw relaxed.
I can tell you Fuggles that those tingling feelings are normal. You are decreasing your brain wave frequency by palming and connecting with the universal energy which most people feel like a warm tingling with their hands. Palming is simply a form of meditation or prayer. You pray for your vision by using your imagination, you see. and the universal energies flow through your hands also. I bet that the most useful method is imagining a period as Bates states, it does MIRACLES to your vision!
You mean your hands fall asleep? That's a pinched nerve I think.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David Wrote:You mean your hands fall asleep? That's a pinched nerve I think.

Dave

In Britain we call it pins and needles, basically the same as when you sit on your hand by accident for about 20 minutes and it goes all numb and you cant really feel it.

I think I am doing something wrong.

Ill watch some videos on youtube like this one and practice more.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_IxmMIPhE">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_IxmMIPhE</a><!-- m -->
elias Wrote:I can tell you Fuggles that those tingling feelings are normal. You are decreasing your brain wave frequency by palming and connecting with the universal energy which most people feel like a warm tingling with their hands. Palming is simply a form of meditation or prayer. You pray for your vision by using your imagination, you see. and the universal energies flow through your hands also. I bet that the most useful method is imagining a period as Bates states, it does MIRACLES to your vision!

I do pure meditation and every time I do it my hands fall asleep (meaning that I can't feel them as much), sometimes other body parts fall asleep. Never experienced any tingling, though. Since meditation and palming are similar, maybe this is a normal reaction. I am also interested to know more about this.

P.S. I read a book about meditation and it says that odd feeling such as these are the results of the nervous system relaxing like never before, hence sensations like these and many others.
Mihai_alexandru Wrote:
elias Wrote:I can tell you Fuggles that those tingling feelings are normal. You are decreasing your brain wave frequency by palming and connecting with the universal energy which most people feel like a warm tingling with their hands. Palming is simply a form of meditation or prayer. You pray for your vision by using your imagination, you see. and the universal energies flow through your hands also. I bet that the most useful method is imagining a period as Bates states, it does MIRACLES to your vision!

I do pure meditation and every time I do it my hands fall asleep (meaning that I can't feel them as much), sometimes other body parts fall asleep. Never experienced any tingling, though. Since meditation and palming are similar, maybe this is a normal reaction. I am also interested to know more about this.

P.S. I read a book about meditation and it says that odd feeling such as these are the results of the nervous system relaxing like never before, hence sensations like these and many others.

thank you

let me say that I have felt this sensation before when i have sat on my hand and its just gone numb - probably from a lack of blood getting there. Doesnt anyone ever feel it in their leg sometimes whne they used to play video games for 5 hours straight and your legs would feel all numb ?? Lol.

However, I doubt palming can pose a risk to my health so much as to block off the blood supply of my hand !! LOL, which is what usually happens when my hand goes numb.

I agree, it might be nothing but relaxation. - which is a good thing

Thanks a lot for your support. I will carry on and see what happens. .And I will alter it a bit and see if anything happens.
fuggles Wrote:Am i doing something wrong ?? I get a tingly numb feeling in my hands from doing the palming. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong and how to improve my technique to stop this from happening.

During palming we bend our elbows right? And do u rest ur elbows on a table/desk? If you get the numbness while bending the elbow most likely you have cubital tunnel syndrome - which is essentially compression of the ulnar nerve in the elbow ( it is the same nerve which reacts when someone hits you near the elbow - known as the funny bone) . That part of the nerve is quite vulnerable and is quite common though most people dont have symptoms. The problem can originate in the neck too.

To relieve the nerve compression dont bend the elbow a lot or rest on them for a few weeks. There are some exercises to treat this condition but learn from a good trainer and dont try self treatment. If the problem persists see a doctor.
Ram Wrote:
fuggles Wrote:Am i doing something wrong ?? I get a tingly numb feeling in my hands from doing the palming. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong and how to improve my technique to stop this from happening.

During palming we bend our elbows right? And do u rest ur elbows on a table/desk? If you get the numbness while bending the elbow most likely you have cubital tunnel syndrome - which is essentially compression of the ulnar nerve in the elbow ( it is the same nerve which reacts when someone hits you near the elbow - known as the funny bone) . That part of the nerve is quite vulnerable and is quite common though most people dont have symptoms. The problem can originate in the neck too.

To relieve the nerve compression dont bend the elbow a lot or rest on them for a few weeks. There are some exercises to treat this condition but learn from a good trainer and dont try self treatment. If the problem persists see a doctor.

very interesting. thanks.

I sometimes get the funny bone too now that you mention it.

However i do rest the elbows on pillows and a blanket.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download