MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Practice shifting on a computer screen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice shifting on a computer screen.
I'm required to look at a PC screen a lot due to the nature of my work. I want to get as much exercise as possible so the question is is it OK to practice shifting on a PC monitor? I have a LCD screen here. Thanks.
If ur required to work on PC often, u shouldnt just shift on monitor screen. Try palming, and look away from screen every 10 mins or so into the distance.
cgpan Wrote:I'm required to look at a PC screen a lot due to the nature of my work. I want to get as much exercise as possible so the question is is it OK to practice shifting on a PC monitor? I have a LCD screen here. Thanks.

In my opinion, if you use a computer all the time, the best chance for you to improve your vision is to befriend the computer. If you fail at this, then every moment you work on the computer effectively cancels out all your hardwork. So practice shifting on the monitor as much as you can until it becomes a habit. The PC is just like a Snellen chart . If you can overcome the strain then you may not even need another exercise.
Practice loving whatever you observe.

I suppose that we are beings of love and if we don't love what we are doing, we unconsciously stare and tend to run away.
So fall in love with your monitor and computer and give it a great hug!

Elias
I use a computer all day long at work and what I've been trying to do is give my eyes about a ten second break from the screen every five minutes. This isn't just because I believe extensive close up work is bad for the eyes, but by remembering to look away so frequently (on the hour, at five past, at ten past and onwards), I also remember to shift and practice central fixation all day long whether I'm looking at the screen or not. Also looking out the window for a bit or just looking round the room can help me feel more relaxed instead of being so engrossed in the work on my screen the whole time. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and although I can't say my vision has definitely improved, I can certainly say I haven't had any of those days or evenings where it seems even worse than usual and my eyes are really tired (even during the week I worked late nights).
I've been wondering this from time to time but -

How do u shift on he computer screen? Do u just shift between random words on th screen? How do u do it?
I have to work on my computer for 8 hours a day. From my experience, I can say for sure that you can use your computer working routine to improve your vision Smile

+ Just take off your glasses. Never wear glasses when using computer.
+ put your monitor at a suitable distance that makes you feel comfortable when working. Don't put the monitor too far or too close.

And here is what I Do to improve my vision when working on computer

+ First, find the longest distance between you and the monitor from which you still see text on monitor clearly and easily.
+ Second: put the monitor 5 cm further. With more 5 cm you still can see and work easily but text on the screen will be little blurry. Don't worry about that. If 5cm is too much and you can not work easily, take 4 cm, or 3 cm. Just make sure that you can work easily even text is a little blurry.
+ Keep that distance for 1 week. Then put the monitor 5 cm further again. Your eye will get used to the new distance and become stronger every week. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT THE MONITOR NOT TOO FAR AND YOU CAN WORK EASILY.

I have used this method to improve my vision. At first I couldn't work at all if the monitor is more than 35 cm far away. After 3 months, I can work easily with the monitor 100 cm far way Smile

And since I use computer a lot, that method does fasten the process of eye sight improvement. Smile
Hi - Would this work the other way by bringing the screen neerer and neerer ? I am trying to improve my close vision , my nearpoint focal point is moving away from me , presbyopia . I get nearpoint stress which gives me headaches . Thanks Robin
I think you could try that but the hypermetropic blur is associated with severe headaches and nerve affliction unlike the myopic blur which is usually free from pain. Better for you to practice methods such as palming before trying to read anything very close to the eyes. It is also not good to read the computer screen from very close due to radiation though myopes have no choice.
Hi - I am not supposed to be hypermetropic I have allways been prescribed minus lenses so I thought I was Myopic having said that my distance vision is much better now I do Bates . But I am not getting any improvement close up . Thanks Robin
If you can read at 15 cm then you probably dont need to improve your near vision. How far is your near point? Most myopes can see very close to the eyes easily - for me near point is 6 cm. Before I started Bates my near point was 7 cm and farpoint was 12cm giving me only a narrow band of clear vision. These figures are now 6cm and about 30 cm.
Hi - My good near vision starts at 38cm , until several years ago it was 15cm . My Bates practices have improved my sight for the distance but not helped with near point . Robin
If your near point is 38 cm then how much is your near point with myopia glasses? I think you may have great difficulty in getting the right glasses. Do you wear bifocals or some sort of progressive lenses?
Hi - I got rid of my glasses 18 months ago when I started Bates , they were -1.5 , the optician wanted to give me prisms which I could not cope with , so I started Bates with good success but my work involves close work which a strain . I am trying to avoid plus lenses . Robin
IMO prisms are even worse than eye glasses. Whatever that you wear to help your eyes or that which makes you more comfortable is probably only weakening the eyes. I was wearing photochromic glasses for many years and it used to feel so good. But I only found out that I simply could not wear the normal glasses when you are used to photochromic. On the other hand, just expose your eyes to the bright sun for a few days and see how strong they get and adapt to light. The world is just crazy using all those sunglasses, prisms and photochromic glasses..and that is passed on as beneficial! to the eye when all they do is to just weaken the eye and makes the eye depend on those devices for life!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download