MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My vacation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My vacation
So basically I've decided to stop wearing my contacts/glasses, and go outside more. I'm not going to worry about exercises, because I become impatient and strain during them, or just do them improperly.

I used Otis' plus lense program for a few months, but now I'm off it and just use Swing Windows instead. This caused me great tension and strain because I tried to see the screen. My visual acuity might have improved, but my ciliary muscles were getting so weak that I got a headache whenever I tried to do any close work--like taking a test at school.

In the long run, I think this messed me up, because I started with pretty decent vision (20/80). Plus lenses got me down to about 20/50-20/60 (I really regret exaggerating my results by edging in closer--I also squinted during the tests, once yielding a visual acuity of 20/40, and causing more strain. Now I never squint, it feels so unnatural) but my visual system was very strained, and this halted my progress. Lately my vision has been improving dramatically. I don't have clear flashes, though. It's a steady improvement. I left for 10 days and came back last night, and did a lot better on my eyechart (no specific scores, because I think my eye chart is a little easier than OD eye charts--but there were consistent testing conditions). I had spent a total of 25 hours in a car, one day at a spa/resort, about 100 miles biking, lots of time at the pool, and a few hours at the beach. On the drive back I had my first clear flash while looking at a bunch of trees in the car on the highway (unfortunately, there were no words to be read). My eyes watered up, and for a second they felt so light. I saw every detail in every tree, then I blinked and it went away. But they still felt good. The twitch that I normally have in my right eye (maybe from when I used to wear contacts) was gone for a few minutes, then lessened significantly. It's back today, though. When I do a blink to wet my eyes (sometimes as an alternative to squinting, because it helps me see better) which is keeping them closed and moving my eye around, I open up and the top part of my left eye sort've twitches for sometimes up to a few seconds. It feels very weird.

Shortly before the clear flash, tension was leaving my eyes on and off in a way I've never felt before. My eyes started watering up (normal), I got a tickly feeling all around the left side of my face. There were also lots of other instances where I felt other ways of tension leaving my body (for example, eyes watering up and nose stinging--feeling like you're about to cry)

sorry for rambling....

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now