MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Plus Lenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plus Lenses
Darn Otis placing ads for Plus Lenses on my Natural Eyesight Improvement Youtube Videos! Blocked Him!
He really does think he's trying to help because this worked for him to maintain his cataract operation artificial corrective lens implant improved vision -- to someone with a hammer everyone else's problem looks like a nail. I used to get furious at him back when he was still posting on Effortless Vision before he got blocked, every one of his posts sounding like a broken record about SECOND OPINION ODs (the caps always made it feel like he was screaming at me!). Just send up a prayer of thanks for his input and let it go.
I am too burnt out from typiny to get into this. Going on 30 day no type.
I thought the plus lense treatment caused cataract since he posted it after the catarct or was he refering to the past? I still know that playng around with eyeglasses for wrong distance... confuses, starINS BRAIN, EYE MUSCLES,_ DANGEROUS.
Sorry my type is awful: I aM GOING TO bOSTON TO SLEEP BY THE RIVER WITH THE HOMELESS TO GET AWAY FROM COMPUTRE ThiS MONTH.

Clark
Clark, my understanding is that Otis kept pushing plus lenses as myopia prevention, since he believed that kept his own sight at the artificially corrected level when it might normally start getting worse again. I don't think the plus lenses had anything to do with him getting cataracts in the first place, that the cause was just normal extreme myopia and straining. Plus lenses are of course not the Bates Method, and he seemed to see them as the solution to everyone's myopia, but talked a lot more about prevention than reversing it. Get some rest -- it sounds like you need it.
Thanks for clarifing Nancy.
I did learn alot from him and hate to block him from my videos. A lady told me she got cataract after plus lenses so when Otis posted about recovering from cataract it sounded like it was after he was using plus lenses. Just afraid people might think I am advising Plus Lense and try it. Would not want anyone to mess around with it if they can do Bates Method instead.
IN Boston, cold but nice air!

Clark
Clark, I've decided to go down the plus lense route after Jacob Liberman recommended it to me. I understand there could be risks, but I'm hoping the positives will outweigh them. How old was this lady who got the plus lenses and how strong were they? I'm guessing the stronger the lenses are, the more damage they could do over time; like strong minus lenses. The ones Jacob recommended were +.50s, pretty low strength.

Cheers, JW
The people I know that used Plus Lenses and got cataracts afterwards were:
1 - lady, 43 - I dont know the strength of her lenses. I will try to contact her.
2 - man 62 - He heard about it and started doing it himself ordering his own lenses, different strengths as he used this method. Said it gave him headaches, ache, strain feeling in the eyes, cataract after about 5 months.
He went back to plain eyeglasses, reduced 20/50 strength and the Bates Method. So far, his cataract is small and stopped growing, vision little clearer since I last talked to him. I would think, as a guess, that the less strong the Plus Lense is-the less strain, tension will occur. I still cannot recommend but at least you are trying this with precaution.
Please tell me the risks Dr. Liberman stated to you.

Thank you,
Clark
clarknight Wrote:The people I know that used Plus Lenses and got cataracts afterwards were:
1 - lady, 43 - I dont know the strength of her lenses. I will try to contact her.
2 - man 62 - He heard about it and started doing it himself ordering his own lenses, different strengths as he used this method. Said it gave him headaches, ache, strain feeling in the eyes, cataract after about 5 months.
He went back to plain eyeglasses, reduced 20/50 strength and the Bates Method. So far, his cataract is small and stopped growing, vision little clearer since I last talked to him. I would think, as a guess, that the less strong the Plus Lense is-the less strain, tension will occur. I still cannot recommend but at least you are trying this with precaution.
Please tell me the risks Dr. Liberman stated to you.

Thank you,
Clark

Hi Clark,

Jacob didn't mention any risks, he said actually the plus lenses would 'relax my eyes'. I do know that when I wear a stronger plus, like +1, they do cause the problems that guy mentioned; additional to the headaches, they actually make me feel sick to the stomach. So I wouldn't be wearing the plus if there were any negative side effects. It'll be interesting to see what happens, anyway. I haven't started wearing them yet, the order hasn't arrived yet.

Cheers, JW
Update:

I tried the +.50's and didn't like them. Wore them for 1 day, and it caused a sense of nausea, neck pain, etc. Won't try this method again.

Cheers, JW

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download