MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Worsening Vision?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worsening Vision?!
I've really hit rock bottom today. I started out my NVI journey with an upbeat attitude; took long walks in the morning, did a bit of sunning, palmed, did the long swing...it was all going fine. Until I decided to put my glasses back on. I noticed at first that my vision had indeed improved because my glasses seemed too strong for me. But I had to use my laptop to work some work online and within minutes my eyes adjusted back to the glasses.

Then I also did something silly, which was to wear plus lenses when I was reading a book upclose. I did before I even read about the dangers of plus lens 'therapy'. When I took them off, I had trouble focusing on the letters. I would try to look at the words on my book and my eyes would feel weak and it felt like they were going cross-eyed!!! (Boy, did that scare the **** out of me!! Yikes)

Anyway today I looked at my wall clock in the dining room and I couldn't see the numbers clearly! Very disheartening. It's like I've wiped out all the little progress I made. And continuing to whine like this is only making things worse (Lol!) >_<

I know you need a lot of self-motivation for this kind of thing but it would really be some much easier if I had a personal teacher. Living in a remote part of the world, I doubt that's going to be possible.

One of the things I'm really anxious about is meeting my fiance later this year. I really don't want to be that dorky girl with glasses. I know I can wear contacts (which I have been for the last couple of years) but every since I started NVI, my eyes just keep rejecting the contacts and I have to literally battle with them to get them in.

What do I do?!? Sorry for the rant but I'd like if anyone could give me some tips on how to keep up the morale? I already know how to the long swing, palm and sun, these are the techniques that seem to give me the most relaxation.
I think you may have not reversed the vision improvement as much if you had used a weaker reduced pair of glasses when you needed to use glasses. See Sorrisi blog; http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/ and information on reduced 20/40... lenses. She also posts on here. Of course its best to avoid glasses as much as possible.

NO contacts! Your eyes are changing shape; back to normal; that's why the eyes are rejecting them. The contacts won't fit the eyes and can scrape, injure the cornea.

I am glad you are not going back to the plus lenses. They are addictive and will impair your vision, eye health.

It sounds to me that you have actually made progress. Stay away from the strong glasses and be positive. Even without glasses, the normal eyes vision can fluctuate at times. When glasses are avoided the vision always returns to normal and fluctuations are less.
The sad thing is right now my vision is poorer with my glasses on (-5.5D for both eyes). I also haven't yet got myself a Snellen chart but I guess I'll just print one out on Monday. This time I'm going to stick to a routine and keep my glasses off for the while.

Just one more question, if you're using soft lenses, how exactly would they 'scrape' your eyes? I can understand if it was with hard contact lenses, but the chance of scraping your cornea with a soft lens is minimal.
At least the strength in the left and right eyeglass lenses is equal. That is good, keeps the brain, eyes, muscles balanced. The overall -5.5 is strong so they prevent improvement. Try to reduce them; seeing 20/40 on the eyechart and getting weaker and weaker reduced glasses as the vision improves. http://www.zennioptical.com/
Do you know how to do this? Each time the vision improves and is clear through the lenses, even before it is very clear 'too strong'; get a new weaker 20/40 prescription.

I can help you on Skype mary.oliver981 It's very tropical, hot lately in Massachusetts so I don't make appointments; some days so worn out til weather changes so; just sign on and if I am on-line, energetic, you get free training.

No contacts, even soft have injured people. When the contacts do not fit it's easy for dirt... to get under the contacts. Don't believe the lies. Have you seen the news last year about the infections that contacts and the solutions for cleaning the contacts and other supplies are causing? People have gone blind. There are more injuries but the big businesses pay the news stations, papers, radio to not report. It's all about money from advertising.

Don't worry about how you look. That's a common instinct in young people. It really is 'what's inside that counts, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder' and when you are free of glasses your eyes will be even more attractive and the whole process will be worth it.

I have a 9 year crush on a man that wears glasses. I love the way he looks in them, so cute and professor like as he grows older. He is conservative and I can't convince him to try the Bates Method. I am hoping he changes his mind some day and when he is cured I will miss the way he looks in glasses but his eye health is most important.

Read the 'American Free Press', previously 'The Spotlight' (closed by the U. S. Govt. for speaking the truth); many news stories never reach the public until a few years later after the truth has leaked out and the news stations have no other choice but to release the article so they appear honest. (I don't like the way the newspaper focuses on the Jewish people but otherwise they are a valuable resource.) They revealed the side effects of soy, causing thyroid, gout, lowered vision and other health problems 5-10 years before the government allowed the news stations to post it. http://americanfreepress.net/
I find it interesting that your -5.5 glasses give you worse vision after trying the plus lens method.
I believe that those -5.5 lenses are now too strong,and that you could see quick reduction in your myopia,if you would stay the course,with the plus lense method.
The initial blur that you experienced would be expected when first wearing the plus lenses.
Bifocal keeps advising everyone to use plus lenses. It causes cataract and many other eye problems. Avoid this method. See this post; http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...act#p17005
Sorry for the late reply guys...Using the laptop without glasses for me is a cumbersome chore...but here I am, with my old -5.5 glasses again. I'll admit Bifocal's reply tempted me to go back to the plus lens for a bit, but I only hesitate because of the pain and discomfort I felt after wearing it. It didn't feel right at all.

Thanks Clarknight, for your lovely comment and all your help. Your advice helped me feel better, and I'll add you on skype as well. Thank you so much for caring, you have no idea what it means to me.

Every time I take off my glasses and go for a walk in my neighbourhood, I feel so good and I feel like with just a little relaxation, I could cure my eyes 100%. It seems so very possible and it gets me excited! One day I'll be coming to this site and telling you all my success story of how I cured my myopia...! In my mind, that is a very real possibility.

Thanks again for all your support everyone. I'm going to take a break from my glasses for about 2 weeks again. The only problem I have is with recognising faces. I meet a lot of people and I get anxious if I can't see someone's face (which I only can 6 inches away from my face lol). But I'm learning to trust my instincts and let go of just everything.

Thanks for reading my story. I'll be back, stay tuned...! Big Grin Hopefully I'll report better vision! Cheers!!!
Thank heaven you did not go for the plus lens. You can do this naturally.

Will watch for you on Skype. It is so hot in Massachusetts so don't mind my looks. Like being under water here some days and worn out.

To see a persons face clear; blink and shift on it. Faces are good to practice on because of the many parts and each is different in ways; a familiar but unfamiliar object until you get their details memorized.
Thanks clarknight, I just sent you a request. Hey, don't worry about looks! Big Grin Chances are I'll be buggy eyed with uncombed hair lol! To be fair, my eyes having been less bulgy and more 'normal' lately. It seems my eyeball is indeed changing shape. I haven't gotten my eye chart yet and I hope to have it printed by Monday next week. Lately I've been much more positive and everything seems exciting. Although I'd be classified as highly myopic, I feel like if I really set my mind to it, clear vision could be just moments away! Wink

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now