MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Blurry vision in sun light / clear flashes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blurry vision in sun light / clear flashes
Well, lately I realize what Bates said about the nearsightedness person difficulty to see during strong sun light. I realize when I m without glasses Its really hard to see a landscape during day light with my eyes loose and relaxed, they seem to need to strain. While on glasses the strain continues but significantly reduced.

When I look at the landscape, it appears to be pulsating from blurry to sharp very quickly, I attribute this to the brain skill to interpret the defocused retinal image and sometimes turn it into a sharp image due to the strong light the eye is receiving the brain can remount the image, then the blurry image is sent to the brain again and interpreted to became sharp again, and the process continues. That lead to the pulsating sharp/blurry landscape, in my opinion. And i have very high myopia.

This is the background for my question.

I tried to relaxed my eyes and look to the landscape, then at the very beggining (2 seconds at best) Im able to see well better, but then immediately my eyes start tearing and the strain comes harder so I have to stop seeing relaxed. I repeated this and the result was the same.

I was wondering if this is a shortcut to vision improvement, cause if the eyes need feedback to adjust their focus there is no better feedback than what we got at strong sun light, looking into a far known (imagination) landscape. Do you think that strain can be overcome and that a person can be able to achieve a great improvement in one day? Thats the impression I became with.
lfernand Wrote:I tried to relaxed my eyes and look to the landscape, then at the very beggining (2 seconds at best) Im able to see well better, but then immediately my eyes start tearing and the strain comes harder so I have to stop seeing relaxed. I repeated this and the result was the same.

I was wondering if this is a shortcut to vision improvement, cause if the eyes need feedback to adjust their focus there is no better feedback than what we got at strong sun light, looking into a far known (imagination) landscape. Do you think that strain can be overcome and that a person can be able to achieve a great improvement in one day? Thats the impression I became with.

Sounds like you could be forcing a mindset here. In likelihood, when vision starts to clear up, changes are happening in the brain or at least some type of positive muscle movement. If you're forcing yourself to see relaxed, could be you're also stopping these positive changes from happening. On the other hand allowing the changes, if you think its a natural good change, is itself also relaxing.
Omni Wrote:
lfernand Wrote:I tried to relaxed my eyes and look to the landscape, then at the very beggining (2 seconds at best) Im able to see well better, but then immediately my eyes start tearing and the strain comes harder so I have to stop seeing relaxed. I repeated this and the result was the same.

Sounds like you could be forcing a mindset here. In likelihood, when vision starts to clear up, changes are happening in the brain or at least some type of positive muscle movement. If you're forcing yourself to see relaxed, could be you're also stopping these positive changes from happening. On the other hand allowing the changes, if you think its a natural good change, is itself also relaxing.

I have to do more tests on it.

The reason I have to relax my eyes is because on a sunny day they strain naturally, I think every one does, but in myopes the problem is worse, and since the visual feedback at sun light is at maximum peak, this natural strain can prevent you to improve quickly.

It looks like when this natural strain to protect you eye from sunlight is removed, theres an immediate response causing more strain and tearing, even shifting and blinking. When you focus on the sharpness of pulsating things, and that only can be done by relaxing the tension, another strong one comes along with tearing. Thats the problem, its unconscious.
Yeah, I've always taken that as a natural thing we do to squint while outside. Hasn't been too bothersome for me so never went to investigate. May have to take a look now.

For clarification sake, with what I said above, I wasn't implying that forcing a relax mindset is a bad thing, but as you may well be aware, if it's causing you to stare, may have to try from another angle.
I don't see how one could force a relaxing mindset. The words 'force' and 'relaxing' don't exactly go together. I don't think you should have to force anything to get a relaxed mindset; I don't even know how that would be possible. I'm not sure what is going on exactly, but it could be that you're straining more than you think. It could also be that you're not straining as much as you usually do. Or maybe you're not really forcing anything. I don't know, but it might be a good idea to figure out which of those it is to you.
I usually feel like my energy expands in sunlight, my body relaxes, and now my eyes have (re-)learned to accept it and let in all the light they can. I think this is a lot of the reason my vision continues to improve. I just spent 5 days in Arizona, and while many others in our group wore sunglasses (even indoors if there were a lot of windows!), I gloried in the abundant light, and could feel myself hardly squinting at all. In the pictures we took my eyes do look more open (the left less than the right so I still have room for improvement). Here's a blog post about teaching someone not to fight the light: http://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2011/1...nsitivity/
Pikachu Wrote:I don't see how one could force a relaxing mindset. The words 'force' and 'relaxing' don't exactly go together. I don't think you should have to force anything to get a relaxed mindset; I don't even know how that would be possible. I'm not sure what is going on exactly, but it could be that you're straining more than you think. It could also be that you're not straining as much as you usually do. Or maybe you're not really forcing anything. I don't know, but it might be a good idea to figure out which of those it is to you.

Pikachu when you chance from a closed environment to an open sunny environment the first thing you notice is that you contract muscles in and near the eye. You can by your will relax then, but you cant do it for long until your eyes are used to the light. Thats what Im talking about.
Nancy Wrote:I usually feel like my energy expands in sunlight, my body relaxes, and now my eyes have (re-)learned to accept it and let in all the light they can. I think this is a lot of the reason my vision continues to improve. I just spent 5 days in Arizona, and while many others in our group wore sunglasses (even indoors if there were a lot of windows!), I gloried in the abundant light, and could feel myself hardly squinting at all. In the pictures we took my eyes do look more open (the left less than the right so I still have room for improvement). Here's a blog post about teaching someone not to fight the light: http://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2011/1...nsitivity/

Thanks Nancy.

I tried to do the same thing today and was able to achieve more relaxation and that lead me to see better. I have to take off my glasses most of the day but I cant.

I think the secret of improvement can be looking things at strong sun light. Without forget the good vision habits to not ruin everything.
lfernand Wrote:
Pikachu Wrote:I don't see how one could force a relaxing mindset. The words 'force' and 'relaxing' don't exactly go together. I don't think you should have to force anything to get a relaxed mindset; I don't even know how that would be possible. I'm not sure what is going on exactly, but it could be that you're straining more than you think. It could also be that you're not straining as much as you usually do. Or maybe you're not really forcing anything. I don't know, but it might be a good idea to figure out which of those it is to you.

Pikachu when you chance from a closed environment to an open sunny environment the first thing you notice is that you contract muscles in and near the eye. You can by your will relax then, but you cant do it for long until your eyes are used to the light. Thats what Im talking about.

Okay, I think I see what you mean. It's just a language technicality then. If I understand you correctly, you mean that you consciously think some thought or do something that serves to relax your eyes. For me, the word "force" has negative connotations and always has to do with effort, so I was a little caught up in that. Language can be so frustrating sometimes!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now