MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Contradiction and Confusion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Contradiction and Confusion
It has been known that peoples lost sight has been compensated for. Their ears and hearing become sharper when part of their sight is lost.

Why then does people's ears get better when their sight improved?

Relaxation -> improved senses. (ears, taste, touch)

To me there is a contradiction.

Hope my thread is not too hard to understand.Rolleyes
(03-24-2015, 03:46 PM)Mzero Wrote: It has been known that peoples lost sight has been compensated for. Their ears and hearing become sharper when part of their sight is lost.

Why then does people's ears get better when their sight improved?

Relaxation -> improved senses. (ears, taste, touch)

To me there is a contradiction.

Hope my thread is not too hard to understand.Rolleyes

No contradiction; in the first case (blindness), the other parts of the brain are forced to engage and rise to a whole new level. In the second case, improved vision, the relaxed state of mind and body can allow the senses to function with optimal performance.
In the same topic of confusion.
Dr Bates in his book says:
When perfect relaxation is gained in this way (through palming), as indicated by the ability to see a perfect black, it is completely retained when the eyes are opened, and the patient is permanently cured.
At the same time pain in the eyes and head, and even in other parts of the body, is permanently relieved.

I am just wondering if these words hold any truth, as at times when 20/20 vision, seems to be achieved by many, does not seem to last, is it because it was somehow 98%, so it wasn't quite perfect?
Has anyone experienced, or heard of a similar case where this 'perfect memory of black' was successfully achieved and lasted?
Mzero:

1 No contradiction, I agree with what arocarty wrote. He explained every thing shortly and well.

eaglevision:

1 Your post may start a discussion which can be considered as a troll but you asked a valid question.

2 Just don't forget that total blackness is an indication of totally relaxed mind - it can't be achieved by force or by simply covering the eyes and 'concentrating'.

3 There's a difference between blackness and total blackness. The first time when I saw blackness while palming I said: 'Oh, great! This is it!'. That wasn't it. Some time after that I was able to see...blacker blackness. And then after that - even blacker blackness.

4 However, I failed to make enough consecutive days with this ability. But I can assume that those who are able to sit and palm and see total blackness day after day for an extended period of time (I don't know how long - probably several weeks or months) - they inevitably make quick progress and eventually stayed cured permanently. Until they forget some lessons about good visual habits and they allow themselves to spoil their memory and imagination and get their mind in confusion. That'll spoil their vision again, unless they are very lucky. Then they have to repeat all the story again, but at least - this time they know what to do.

5 I may be wrong here but alas - Dr Bates is unchangeably dead and we can't ask him anything directly.

P.S. Nick corrected. (16.04.2015)
Thanks,
Aureus this is all agreed, and makes very good sense

This blackness can be accurately measured by the level of clarity that can be seen by the eye when opened, on for example an eye chart.
Myself and a few others have achieve (palming etc...) clarity of 20/20 even a little better, however lasted minutes, hours or even a few days.
in Dr Bates works people have palmed for 15 minutes or even 20 hours in one day to achieve this perfect blackness and this perfect eyesight leading to a permanent cure (for years), as guaranteed in his words above.
Basically many times Bates, speaks of the improvements lasting for good, and at other times it is spoken as though it was perfect for a moment then soon after, it was all lost.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now