MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
The Final Diopter to Clear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Diopter to Clear
Hey guys!

So I'm feeling quite a bit better today, after visiting the eye doctor actually:   for two reasons.   1, because it turns out my eyes aren't internally damaged aside from dealing with myopia/astigmatism.   And 2, because my prescription is far better than I thought it was.    

After getting opinions from two different doctors, I got my prescription results:

1 doctor gave me a prescription of -1.5 (right) and -1 (left) with -1 in both eyes for astigmatism.   The 2nd doctor gave me a prescription of -1.25 (right) and -.075 (left), also with -1 in both eyes for astigmatism.

This doesn't seem THAT bad, as for someone who never got his numbers officially checked before, I thought I was in a lot deeper territory.   In fact, this gives me a lot of hope that I can improve quickly.   

So, how can I deal with this pesky diopter?   Just one mere diopter?   Do the same methods apply for milder myopia vs heavier myopia?

Thanks everyone.
Hey Kabuto,

Great to hear that. It shouldn't be difficult to get there. I am not sure how much/ what you practiced before but I would say to try to visualise what you see. I am in the same position right now and I am combining visualising with dodging the object I am looking at. What I also tried was to make my vision worse which I was able to do for a few seconds through consciously straining. I am not sure though if this is really the best thing to do but it might help as well.

Other than that you can do whatever Bates technique that fits the best to you use remember that the goal is to see with your mind so I would try to engadge the mind more than you already do.
So...where can I get reduced contact lenses? And how do I get my contacts eye measurement so I can order the right size?

I know that reduced glasses versus reduced contacts are the better choice for training but....unfortunately, my social anxiety's not doing me any favors...
Why do you want contacts or glasses at all? -1.25 and -0.75 is almost nothing. I don't know if you need them to drive though but if so try to get glasses because the size of the lenses can only be measured by a pro.

Other than that I believe that if you would buy reduced contacts they would be at about 0 Diopters because contacts have to have a lower description than glasses and if you lower them additionally it would be about -0.5 and 0 contacts and that doesn't make a difference if you leave them completely.

So if I were you I would try to get myself some glasses or leave it all completely.
(02-18-2016, 07:32 AM)MartinKleiner Wrote: Why do you want contacts or glasses at all? -1.25 and -0.75 is almost nothing. I don't know if you need them to drive though but if so try to get glasses because the size of the lenses can only be measured by a pro.

Other than that I believe that if you would buy reduced contacts they would be at about 0 Diopters because contacts have to have a lower description than glasses and if you lower them additionally it would be about -0.5 and 0 contacts and that doesn't make a difference if you leave them completely.

So if I were you I would try to get myself some glasses or leave it all completely.

Solely because I'm living in a new city right now, and I want to see all the beauty!
Well you decide but I would try to imagine what is out there. Have a look at this it seems to bring crazy improvements for me: http://www.nsr-energyhealing.com/creative-visualization

It does not have to take a lot of time it is about understanding it so just give it a shot and trust yourself that you can see clear Smile
(02-18-2016, 01:15 PM)MartinKleiner Wrote: Well you decide but I would try to imagine what is out there. Have a look at this it seems to bring crazy improvements for me: http://www.nsr-energyhealing.com/creative-visualization

Hey that's good stuff. And she not only suggests visualizing, but first using an affirmation for it. She's right on. Affirmations can be used for everything, affirming that what you're about to do is going to work. It helps you get completely involved and invested in it.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
New Question Guys: (and I don't want to create a new topic)

When practicing Central Fixation, do we predominantly move our eyes or our head? This confuses me. I know that we have to freely pinpoint on a single point for a fraction of a second before moving on to the next point and so on.

However, do we do this with our eyes or our head? Granted, with movement of the head, the eyes will naturally follow. So are we using our conscious eye muscles, or our unconscious eye muscles?

Thanks so much.
(02-20-2016, 07:48 AM)Kabuto Wrote: However, do we do this with our eyes or our head?   Granted, with movement of the head, the eyes will naturally follow.   So are we using our conscious eye muscles, or our unconscious eye muscles?

Not eyes 
Not heads
Not eye muscles
Not conscious eye muscles
Not unconscious eye muscles
Not imagination.

Feeling of sight.

For example.
Put all five fingers of a hand on your computer keyboard.
One finger on each key.
i.e. a,s,d,f and spacebar with the left hand.
Without moving other fingers press 'f'.
Now try again without deflating the key.
Just feel the feeling of i-am-about-to-press-'f' button.
Other than your index finger other fingers should feel silent (not stressed out over the fact that you are trying to/ about to press f.
Shift the focus from f to the letter d, without moving fingers to deflate the keys.
Continue from f,d,s,a and a,s,d,f (if you play the piano, this feels like you are about to play a scale.)
No muscles were moved, no fingers were moved.
Maybe you need imagination.
But really it is the feeling that you will be pressing a button.

In your eyes, it is a feeling of i-will-visit-the-foreground-midground-background, i will take a look from left-center-right, right-center-left. If you are tensing eyeball muscles to do this you are not doing it properly.
If you are tensing hand muscles to play piano, you are not playing the piano properly.
If you are typing by tensing the hand muscles, you are not typing properly (carpel tunnel syndrome?...)

It took me about 3 weeks to master the piano playing technique.
Prior to that I was jumping alot with my hands to play staccatos, the movement of flying my hand in the air from one key to another key was costing me time (I was playing the piece to slowly and unable to have a even time spacing of sounds, with the incorrect technique, landing my fingers harshly on the chords;That tired my hands).
After that exercise, it was very difficult at first, my piano teacher kept telling me oh look you moved your other pinky why?, It won't be playing a note until a few bars later.
I replied, it (the pinky) is balancing. Like a bird (waving a wing to balance).
No it is not.
It does not need to balance.
Find the next chord and have that finger rest on the key to be ready.
That way you won't miss that chord.

What do you guys think?
NOT IMAGINATION. (lol, going against the tide here on this word 'imagination'.)
It is "feeling".

Disclaimer: I have not solved my eye problems yet. Still with very strong glasses.
(02-20-2016, 08:12 AM)Yelaina Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 07:48 AM)Kabuto Wrote: However, do we do this with our eyes or our head?   Granted, with movement of the head, the eyes will naturally follow.   So are we using our conscious eye muscles, or our unconscious eye muscles?

Not eyes 
Not heads
Not eye muscles
Not conscious eye muscles
Not unconscious eye muscles
Not imagination.

Feeling of sight.

For example.
Put all five fingers of a hand on your computer keyboard.
One finger on each key.
i.e. a,s,d,f and spacebar with the left hand.
Without moving other fingers press 'f'.
Now try again without deflating the key.
Just feel the feeling of i-am-about-to-press-'f' button.
Other than your index finger other fingers should feel silent (not stressed out over the fact that you are trying to/ about to press f.
Shift the focus from f to the letter d, without moving fingers to deflate the keys.
Continue from f,d,s,a and a,s,d,f (if you play the piano, this feels like you are about to play a scale.)
No muscles were moved, no fingers were moved.
Maybe you need imagination.
But really it is the feeling that you will be pressing a button.

In your eyes, it is a feeling of i-will-visit-the-foreground-midground-background, i will take a look from left-center-right, right-center-left. If you are tensing eyeball muscles to do this you are not doing it properly.
If you are tensing hand muscles to play piano, you are not playing the piano properly.
If you are typing by tensing the hand muscles, you are not typing properly (carpel tunnel syndrome?...)

It took me about 3 weeks to master the piano playing technique.
Prior to that I was jumping alot with my hands to play staccatos, the movement of flying my hand in the air from one key to another key was costing me time (I was playing the piece to slowly and unable to have a even time spacing of sounds, with the incorrect technique, landing my fingers harshly on the chords;That tired my hands).
After that exercise, it was very difficult at first, my piano teacher kept telling me oh look you moved your other pinky why?, It won't be playing a note until a few bars later.
I replied, it (the pinky) is balancing. Like a bird (waving a wing to balance).
No it is not.
It does not need to balance.
Find the next chord and have that finger rest on the key to be ready.
That way you won't miss that chord.

What do you guys think?
NOT IMAGINATION. (lol, going against the tide here on this word 'imagination'.)
It is "feeling".

Disclaimer: I have not solved my eye problems yet. Still with very strong glasses.

Yes, Yelaina's on the right track. Move your attention first, then your eyes, then your head, then your body, if the object is a ways away. Peter Grunwald (the Eyebody guy) taught us attention leads, the eyes and body follow. Vision starts in the brain.
Well, with my prescription, do you recommend reducing lenses or no?

I've never actually worn glasses before....but my vision has declined in the last few years, such that I feel like I strain too much, even when trying the Bates method. Despite trying centralizing habits mixed with shifting and swinging, my eyes are still quite tired and strained after every time I go outside in nature, even if only for brief moments... What should I do?
(02-20-2016, 09:12 AM)Kabuto Wrote: Well, with my prescription, do you recommend reducing lenses or no?

I've never actually worn glasses before....but my vision has declined in the last few years, such that I feel like I strain too much, even when trying the Bates method.   Despite trying centralizing habits mixed with shifting and swinging, my eyes are still quite tired and strained after every time I go outside in nature, even if only for brief moments...   What should I do?

You have to identify how you're straining, and let go of that. Whatever makes you relax, whether it be palming or the Long Swing or time outside, do as much of that as you can, and notice when your eyes/head start to feel more tense. What are you doing then, maybe looking far away and not at what's next to you? If you get glasses you will strain looking through them too if you don't learn to let go of the "trying to see" habit.
Most of the strain comes from looking in the distance, when things blur. I'm doing my best to stop 'trying to see', but this isn't always easy, as it occurs on a subconscious level at times...
(02-21-2016, 11:14 AM)Kabuto Wrote: Most of the strain comes from looking in the distance, when things blur.   I'm doing my best to stop 'trying to see', but this isn't always easy, as it occurs on a subconscious level at times...

One thing I've done is play with the boundaries. If for example you can look 20 feet away and don't feel like you're straining, yet when you move your gaze to 25 feet you feel "That's too far!" and a constricting, that's very good information. Start where you are, and just keep going forward. Don't try to do it all at once. You want to notice yourself straining, and teach yourself to make a different choice.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download